Trails NY area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one know of any trails in the state of NY? or maybe even NJ? The only thing so far i managed to do with my rover was cross a river = /, and some bumpy roads, but i want steep inclines, some light mud, and forest roads.. Anyone know?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need some REAL rocks! Try Moab! J/K! I have only been to NY once and spent 0 hours in a truck and many hours on the subway. Good luck.

P

ParrotheadinALB

Just wondering what part of NY you are looking for?

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ParrotheadinALB said:
Just wondering what part of NY you are looking for?

Anywhere not past albany, immediate area of NYC if best like somewhere in long island or NJ or anywhere around..

T

Trailpimp

For NJ, try the Pine Barrens. Lots and lots of trails to get lost. Just be prepared for massive amounts of pinstriping when going down smaller roads.

For mapquest: route 206 south in the towns of either Tabernacle or Atsion.

If up in Albay, stop by Atlantic British and ask for Eric, he knows all sorts of trails around the area. There are also some near Plattekill off of exit 19 (Kingston), if I am not mistaken.

G

GadgetRick

Yes...

You can do the Pine Barens. Lots of sand there though so be prepared.

There are, apparently, some trails in the Woodbury area. My LR dealer (Land Rover Paramus) does their free days up there. I've not been able to make one yet. There are also (I believe) other trails in that area.

There are also trails near Plattekill. I'm a ski patroller at Belleayre (you pass us on the way to Plattekill) and there are trails all over the place back there. Lots of what you're looking for. It's a little over 2 hours away from the City.

Where are you located? I'm in NJ in Clifton.

The Rickster

T

Tec3394

Places to drive with a 4 wheeler

Hey the fire island trails are fun but short. i just went to westhampton to drive on the beach and it was fun but very short because of the beach is closed due to piping plover nesting. Smith point is a great place when opened but unfortunatly it is closed because the ocean broke through and created a small inlet.
Anybody know of any trails in eastern long island or suffolk county?

DigitalNY

Reaction score
Don't know if your still looking but if not it'll be info for future readers. There are plenty of trails in Northern NY (St. Lawrence, Jefferson, Lewis, Franklin, Herkimer & Hamilton). Alot of "seasonal use highways" and the like.. And many of them that they call seasonal use that even in the best season you better be driving a LR to get down.

I know of several that are so narrow that you rub both sides of my disco in some places and drive for 5-6 miles only to find out that it's a dead end with no room to turn around. (of course the last 500-600 yards is narrow and bordered by large trees with a 4' round oak at the end.. no room to turn) I've gotten very good at backing down trails that I shouldn't have gone down forward.

DigitalNY

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo