Transmission concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Mighty Vac, but use it for oil changes. How do you guys clean out your Might Vacs between jobs?
I used simple green in the mightyvac. To get in there, there are six screws securing the lid. Open it up and spray. To get any remaining contaminants I pulled some of the drained old transmission fluid through it then evacuated the mightyvac. I didn’t perform a clean after the old trans fluid was in there (as there’s already some old trans fluid already in the trans;-).

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the parts from , bridge gasket, Sleeves/Seal and most especially the solenoids ? I'm thinking of doing this service sometime during the summer.
I got mine off eBay. Make sure you look for the 6hp28 bridge. The bridges are different so check on your trans. There is a marking on the drivers side. I did spring for the zf manufactured parts. Looks to be a lot of aftermarket kits as well.

Also make sure to get the electrical connector sleeve. Mine was pretty mangled when I pulled it. The white release tab didn’t drop the last 1/8 of an inch so it got hung up. It does require a good bit of force. I finally used some small vice grips for leverage and a really long screwdriver.

The nice thing about this transmission is that a ton of car manufacturers use them so parts are readily available and are not going for Land Rover prices. I’ll grab the references for the parts and post shortly.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online