Transmission Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, Now I am told that the transmission will not be here until sometime in March. Just Great!!! Just talked with everyone I could and the dealer is going to swap me out with a 2012. This is service

Sounds like a Lemon... :) Congrads!!!

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the dealer will buy the vehicle from you and replace it with a similarly equipped 2012?
Thats pretty good, if thats the case.
Did you bring up lemon-laws with the dealer/LR or did they just volunteer for this swap?

May be they negotiated with LR, and it is cheaper for LR just to swap it and not to call it a Lemon, so it still could be sold later with a clear title?...

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So nearly three weeks after they tell you they have to order one from the UK, they report that it won't be in for at least another two weeks?? Sounds like Land Rover is all over this one. I would sleep easy. You are in good hands with this brand.

Did you hear that they would give lance a 2012? Got anything to say now?

Did you ever buy a LR?

lance562

Reaction score
I have been talking to the dealer and Land Rover USA, Yes I did get a little Pi**ed off. But I did not cross any lines. We talked about the poor parts availibility and was told this has been a problem and they are working on it. We finally agreed for me to pay the difference in the sticker and the miles I had driven. Overall I am very happy with the deal.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice response from LR. I'd be happy too. Congrats on your new ride!

lance562

Reaction score
at last here is the replacement. Brand new LR4.

Attachments

• 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    992.5 KB · Views: 99

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!

Who installed that grill and who makes it??

lance562

Reaction score
The brush bar is from the LR3. I had the dealer disable the front park assist. The lights and the running boards are from the Land Rover accessory catalog. We looked at the LR4 guard but it looked pretty weak. So far I have not been able to tell what brand the lights are, but they sure light the way. All installed by the dealer

Last edited:

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brush bar is from the LR3. I had the dealer disable the front park assist. The lights and the running boards are from the Land Rover accessory catalog. We looked at the LR4 guard but it looked pretty weak. So far I have not been able to tell what brand the lights are, but they sure light the way. All installed by the dealer
So that LR3 guard
is OEM guard??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM