Transmission Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lance562

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with shifting into park? When I put My 2011 LR4 in park on an incline it rolls backward and makes a racheting sound. This just started 3 weeks ago and the car has only 10000 miles on it. Took in to the dealer for it's 1 year service and they are looking into the problem.

lance562

Reaction score
OK, got word from the dealer. They are not sure what is causing the problem and called Land Rover. Land Rover is not sure but they want to see the transmission. So now the dealer is going to replace the transmission.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Racheting sound - means it is not in Park all the way... Could be as simple as a shifter issue... But who cares - LR is paying! :)

lance562

Reaction score
Just got of the phone with the dealer. There are no transmissions in the US so it has to come here from the UK. Looks like another week in the loan car. Which is a Volvo, ok but not a Lance Rover.

lance562

Reaction score
Ok, Heard from the dealer today. Now the transmission will not ne here untill 2/28 over a month just to get a new transmission. I have called Land Rover USA and am waiting to here from them.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Heard from the dealer today. Now the transmission will not ne here untill 2/28 over a month just to get a new transmission. I have called Land Rover USA and am waiting to here from them.

Lemon it, period.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score

So nearly three weeks after they tell you they have to order one from the UK, they report that it won't be in for at least another two weeks?? Sounds like Land Rover is all over this one. I would sleep easy. You are in good hands with this brand.

lance562

Reaction score
Update, Now I am told that the transmission will not be here until sometime in March. Just Great!!! Just talked with everyone I could and the dealer is going to swap me out with a 2012. This is service

jamgolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, Now I am told that the transmission will not be here until sometime in March. Just Great!!! Just talked with everyone I could and the dealer is going to swap me out with a 2012. This is service

So the dealer will buy the vehicle from you and replace it with a similarly equipped 2012?
Thats pretty good, if thats the case.
Did you bring up lemon-laws with the dealer/LR or did they just volunteer for this swap?

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That IS good service. Did they give a reason why they are opting to give you a 2012 instead of just paying for the new transmission?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM