Trip to Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

alindsay

A sway bar is probably a good idea. I used to use a sway bar on another vehicle when I towed my jet skis and it really helped.

Ha - speaking of mirror extentions....I used to have one that I bought from Camping world. It had straps that clipped to the LR3 mirror and then could be tightened, This worked great for 1500 miles of my trip. When I was driving along I-80 I heard a loud bang and when I looked out my mirror, I didn't see the extention mirror so I glanced at my original mirror and saw the extention mirror breaking into small pieces behind me. The extention had fallen off and skidded along I-80. Good thing nobody was next to me or behind.

Sounds like your trip will be a blast..great country to drive through.

Allan

X

xray

Jim,

Are you using a weight distribution hitch? Also, what brand trailer (there are vast differences in handling between brands, Airstream is notably the best). What is the "wet" weight of your trailer (i.e. loaded with everything you are taking along)?

In general, a 19' should be easy to tow and, yes, I would use sway control if you have it (which you do).

X

X

xray

I use **** attachment mirrors to tow and have used them for over 12,000 miles without a glitch. It depends, to a degree, on what you are mounting them to...

X

A

alindsay

My mirrow was a **** too and I loved it until it fell off. I suggest tightening the mirrors everytime you stop for gas..which will be often when towing. I am pretty certain I didn't have my mirror tight when I lost it.

JimRoshan

Reaction score
No, I am not using a weight distribution hitch. I was told not to with the LR3 and so far it handles great!!

I have a Four Winds Xpress Lite. 3,900 lbs and around 4,800 loaded down with gear.

Thanks for the mirror info. I would hate to lose one somewhere in the middle of nowhere!!

T

toddjb123

alindsay said:
Without the brake controller harness and an aftermarket brake controler, your trailer brakes won't be activated when the LR3 is braking.....

Yes. Thank you. That's the part I was not clear on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112