Turn off alarm on backup sensors? Bike rack on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucky8 and a host of other places carry it. Or you can buy direct from GAP diagnostic, I believe.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @NASdiesel

I just tried this again via the IIDTool and, indeed, parking sensors are disabled and camera still works on my 2012.

Something must have changed software wise in the last 4-5 years. I had the shop that installed my tire carrier and bumper disable them, but it took down both the sensors and the camera.

Much appreciated. I always hated that squawking.

What option are you guys using to disable the sensors? I messed around with it for a few seconds this morning, but nothing jumped out at me as being "it."

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What option are you guys using to disable the sensors? I messed around with it for a few seconds this morning, but nothing jumped out at me as being "it."

Not at home, so going from memory...

Car Configuration Menu/rear parking sensors/not fitted.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nevermind. Found my answer. Looks like I can disable all the sensors and the blind spot and cross traffic functions will still work

I take that back... My steel bumper covers the radar for the blind spot monitoring... Rendering them useless. But I don't care. Fyi, blind spot monitoring uses a radar under the rear lights, not the parking aid sensors.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72