uh uh, here it comes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

Amir

yesterday morning when i started the truck, i noticed a leak (like a moisture or water droplets) spraying and dripping out from underneath the truck. the water was coming out from in between the crack opening where the exhaust pipe from the engine and the muffler's body (tank like cylinderical body) attach to each other. My dealer is not in today, so i will call him tomorrow.

any ideas?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You aren't talking about the normal water that is generated by combustion (especially at startup)... are you? Most cars even have a hole in the pipe or muffler to allow it to drain better.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like normal expulsion of condensation to me.

A

Amir

yes, its at the morning start up but, there is no hole there. Its actually coming out from the joint. The joint between the pipe (coming from the engine) to the muffler. And the two are connected via screws/bolts. Seems like there should be a gaskit type thing in between the two to join the two better together. The joint i am talking about is clearly visible if you look under the truck from the driver's side.

if its normal, i am fine with it but i think there should be a rubber seal or something between the two.

something minor, the rear most moon roof's shad won't close. I notice the fabric (right in the area in the center whrere the latch is supposed to be to hold the shade in open/drawn position) is coming off. I will have it checked out as well.

another question, if i am driving by myself or with a friend, that should be considered normal load, right? because i am going by the manual and have air pressure in my tires at 33/36 instead of 33/42.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tomasz

Unless you or your friend are over 300 lbs. - normal load. My tires are at 34/37 for added fuel economy and safety margin. (Miniscule, I know.)

T

Tomasz

Also on the water. If you are sure 100% that it is water - do not worry about it. I assume it is less than a glass full? AC condesation or other condensation could do this. Normal, take a look at tyour other cars.

X

xcursion

If its just water, I won't worry about it. But you do need to see the dealer to get the moonroof cover fix. As for the tire pressure, 2 person is consider normal so 33/36 is about right.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amir - I mean this in a totally friendly and mostly humorous way... You worry too much.

A

Amir

:)

i know. just like to be by the book :)

enjoying every minute in my new car...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99