Upkeep for long-term

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since Im looking at keeping my LR3 108k miles right now and not trading it in yet for an LR4, I'm looking at doing some maintenance/upgrading in parts to help it last longer.

1. Replace wheel bearings
2. Change diff fluids & transfer case fluid
3. Drain & bleed brake fluid
4. Replace & balance my Cooper Zeons (have 35k miles on them, rotated every 6k)
5. Check my pads/rotors again (fronts have 30k, rear have 20k)
6. Have alignment done again
7. Spark Plugs
8. Check my brake switch since I have a weird suspension problem but after restarting I can still raise/lower and light comes on after Im driving. Started ever since I rotated my tires and had the car jacked up so high.

Is there anything else I should do while I have this all torn apart (tie rods, bushings/control arms etc)?

The most technical stuff Ive done with this car was pads/rotors, replacing coolant bleeder hose and oil changes. Think I could tackle these things?? Thanks

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change your thermostat, if it hasn't already been done.

Some of the above items are part of routine maintenance (I.e. fluids). Others are done if/when needed (I.e control arms).

Last edited:

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i forgot to add that the dealer replaced the fluids once before but I drive 3-4k miles a month and practically change my oil every 6 weeks and was just going to do it all again for my own sake since i'll b under the car anyways. Will pu a thermostat too while im at it.

Need to get rid of the grinding noise, which i think after readin it will b a wheel bearing and might as well do all of them so I dont have to tear it apart in a few mos.

Thanks for the headsup about the thermostat

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also need to R2 the t-stat. It's stuck open. While we were on vacation Colorado it threw a code for:Excessive time to reach operating temp. Not a big problem in Florida but since were moving to Co. next week and winter will be setting in I better get it tightened up!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635