Coolant Crossover Pipe Repair 5.0 V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverTide

Reaction score
I have the kit from Astro, it has the correct cap for the coolant reservoir.
For what you get it's overpriced as it is built for casual use, but it's been ok so far...
Ah, yes, I recognize that from your crossover repair "movie"... I watched that part again yesterday... I'm thinking it will take a couple of vacuums to get all the air out. I think that's what you determined as well.

JL-LR4

Reaction score
I changed out the front crossover pipe after discovering a coolant leak on my 2012 RR Sport. Started it up fine but then had the "restricted performance" message come on. After some research, we then went through the steps to relieve the air from the coolant system. Followed the steps of the manual to get rid of the airlock.

Everything was going to plan and it started up fine after that process. However, it still had the error message on after following the steps to circulate the coolant through the system at 2000 and then 3500 rpms with the heaters on and producing heat.

I shut the vehicle off and wanted to restart it right after to see if that message would clear. At this point, the whole vehicle went dead after hitting the start button again. No ignition, no lights, and nothing at all showing electrical signs of life. We went through the fuses and connections but didn't find anything there.

Any suggestions? It's a dead paperweight right now and I'm a little scared to get it towed to the shop for an unknown bill.

I will add that we did not change the rear crossover pipe or water pump so should not be related to those.

Thanks for any suggestions.

ugmw177

Reaction score
I changed out the front crossover pipe after discovering a coolant leak on my 2012 RR Sport. Started it up fine but then had the "restricted performance" message come on. After some research, we then went through the steps to relieve the air from the coolant system. Followed the steps of the manual to get rid of the airlock.

Everything was going to plan and it started up fine after that process. However, it still had the error message on after following the steps to circulate the coolant through the system at 2000 and then 3500 rpms with the heaters on and producing heat.

I shut the vehicle off and wanted to restart it right after to see if that message would clear. At this point, the whole vehicle went dead after hitting the start button again. No ignition, no lights, and nothing at all showing electrical signs of life. We went through the fuses and connections but didn't find anything there.

Any suggestions? It's a dead paperweight right now and I'm a little scared to get it towed to the shop for an unknown bill.

I will add that we did not change the rear crossover pipe or water pump so should not be related to those.

Thanks for any suggestions.
probably totally unrelated unless perhaps you left some wires/sensors disconnected. I would check battery voltage with dvm. if 12.5 or so or better then check the main ground line to the block. It is known to corrode and if you spilled coolant on it that could be the issue. remove the securing bolt and clean the ring terminal and clean the mounting area as well.

JL-LR4

Reaction score
probably totally unrelated unless perhaps you left some wires/sensors disconnected. I would check battery voltage with dvm. if 12.5 or so or better then check the main ground line to the block. It is known to corrode and if you spilled coolant on it that could be the issue. remove the securing bolt and clean the ring terminal and clean the mounting area as well.
Thanks! Turns out it was indeed totally unrelated!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72