V6 Lr3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

neytas2000

I just saw this over on The Land Rover Chronicle.com. I am glad we may be able to get other engine choices. I love the LR3, but gas mileage is very important to me and a V6 may help (doubt it though). I only wish we could get a diesel in the U.S. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on a V6. I am not really an off-roader, although I love to have the tools that can take me there....just in case :) I can see myself getting into it though and acquiring a new hobby. What are your thoughts on a V6?

http://lrchroniclepub.proboards29.com/index.cgi?board=land22&action=display&num=1112297538

IRVINE, Calif., April 12 -- Land Rover is expanding its existing LR3 model line, giving consumers a greater range of trim level choices for its award-winning SUV. Heading the enhancements is the introduction of a 4.0-liter V6 engine which will be offered in addition to the existing 4.4-liter 300hp V8.

All V6 models come highly equipped with a long list of four-wheel drive technologies including the innovative Terrain Response(TM) system, four-corner electronic air suspension, electronically controlled infinitely variable locking center differential and 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels as standard.

Powered by a 4.0-liter V6 engine, the new powertrain produces 216 hp and 269 lb.-ft torque @ 3,000 RPM. It can tow up to 7,700 lbs., negotiate the toughest off-road trails and cruise at speeds up to 112 MPH. EPA mileage is 14 MPG city, 19 highway.

As with the current V8, the V6 engine is mated to a six-speed "intelligent shift" electronically controlled ZF automatic transmission. Its "sport" mode delivers more performance-oriented throttle response and gear shifts, and features Land Rover's Command Shift operation -- giving the driver full manual control of gear changing.

"LR3 is enjoying record popularity in a highly competitive SUV market," says Richard Beattie, executive vice president, marketing and sales, Land Rover North America. "The addition of this new engine derivative broadens its appeal and ensures our customers are getting the widest selection of choice when ordering their LR3."

In addition to the list of impressive features standard on the V6-equipped vehicles, the optional premium package adds the following:

-- Leather trimmed seating surfaces, shift knob, and front folding armrests
-- 240-watt harman/kardon AM/FM/6-disc CD changer + 9 speakers and remote audio controls on the steering wheel
-- Power tilt and slide front sunroof with a fixed Alpine roof over the second and third rows
-- Second row auxiliary audio port (behind center console)
-- "SE" Badge at rear tailgate

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY

A limited number of 2005 Land Rover LR3 units equipped with the V6 engine will be available in North America beginning in July. The V6 units will be available with a base MSRP of $38,950 and the optional premium package for an additional $3,000. The MSRP includes destination, delivery, and complimentary scheduled maintenance.

Land Rover North America is part of Aston Martin Jaguar Land Rover with headquarters in Irvine, California. Land Rover established operations in the U.S. in 1986, and now imports and distributes Range Rover, LR3 and Freelander vehicles manufactured by Land Rover in Solihull, England. Land Rover's worldwide operations are wholly owned by Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan. For information about the Land Rover retailer nearest you, call 800-FIND-4WD or log on to http://www.LandRoverusa.com

Vehicle specifications and features are subject to change.

This is the slightly updated "Pricing and Availability" section (4/14):

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY

A limited number of 2005 Land Rover LR3 units equipped with the V6 engine and premium package will be available in North America beginning in July. The 2005 and 2006 model year V6 units will be available with a base MSRP of $38,950 and the optional premium package for an additional $3,000 (included on all 2005 model year units). The MSRP includes destination, delivery, and complimentary scheduled maintenance.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

texas911

I predict that it will be an unpopular model, if you're spending $40K on an SUV, its not a deal breaker to get a $45K SUV with more features and a V8. That's why there are so few HSE's because the jump from $45 to $50 isn't that big. But choices are always good to have.

B

Blkmagnum

Go with the 8 for a variety of reasons:

1. a smaller engine has to work harder which leads to more wear

2. fuel economy won't be much better with the 6. Honestly, if you want economy a 5000 lb box probably isn't your best bet regardless of the engine

3. " there's no replacement for displacement" Have you ever said "gee, this car has too much power?" I know I've never said that. The six will be a dog when if comes to passing.

These are general impressions based on previous experience with other SUV's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99