Vibration after lift install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsouth

Reaction score
A friend and I installed a lift on his discovery I. Was suppose to only be 2" lift. But he got sent the heavy duty springs instead of medium rate. After the install he has a bad vibration. Changed all u joints and still there. Shaft angles are pretty steep. Have done a lot of reading and have never read that driveshaft angles would play a problem with the 2" lift. But since he got heavy duty springs the lift is probably over 2". What can we do to fix the vibration. Any way of changing the pinion angle? I know double cardon shafts are probably a must now. Thanks for any info!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be more specific, what year Disco, whos springs and exactly what part number springs? What speed does the vibration come in at?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't answer all my questions, if he wants help we need more information. My concern is at what speed does this happen and did you guys measure the truck before and after, how much taller is it? Did you also replace the steering stabilizer?

KC BOB

Reaction score
A friend and I installed a lift on his discovery I. Was suppose to only be 2" lift. But he got sent the heavy duty springs instead of medium rate. After the install he has a bad vibration. Changed all u joints and still there. Shaft angles are pretty steep. Have done a lot of reading and have never read that driveshaft angles would play a problem with the 2" lift. But since he got heavy duty springs the lift is probably over 2". What can we do to fix the vibration. Any way of changing the pinion angle? I know double cardon shafts are probably a must now. Thanks for any info!

may have to shim between axle housing and spacer ,to correct alignment of driveshaft to rear end...............

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge