WANTED: Roof Rack Cross Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I backed into a low hanging concrete abutment under a motel this weekend and broke one of my roof rails. The side rails on the car seem undamaged, thankfully, but I need a cross bar.

Was hoping someone on here had bought one of the custom racks and had an old set hanging around. I don't care if it is used or scratched, and I actually only need one. But would buy both.

Let me know. Thanks!!

Here's what mine looks like;

photo-vi.jpg

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, no bites yet.

Any suggestions on where to get a used pair or just one (new or used) at a good price? I figure there should be one sitting on top of a rover in a junk yard somewhere but Google didn't help me find a good junk yard site online.

On another note, how do I get the lock out of my crossbar so I can put it into a replacement bar? (to only have to carry one set of keys) I seem to remember it pulls out pretty easily but don't know if I need a special key to do it.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can try roverland parts in florida. Not particularly a fan of their return polices and the prices are a little on the high side but they do have LR3 parts....

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a gently used set I would sell.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a gently used set I would sell.
Sent you a PM but haven't heard back. I usually only find my *** a month after someone sends them, so I understand. You can email me at toddjb 123 at hotmail dot com, reply here or PM me. Thanks!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to jjvd21 for promptly shipping out his gently used pair that is now on my roof. Arrived as advertised!

Also, if anyone searches this thread in the future and needs a single crossbar. I have one... :)

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to jjvd21 for promptly shipping out his gently used pair that is now on my roof. Arrived as advertised!

Also, if anyone searches this thread in the future and needs a single crossbar. I have one... :)
You've got PM ;)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy cow! You must've hit it pretty hard! I have forgotten to lower the LR3 twice in 5 years entering my parking garage and smacked the top of my x-bars. ...barely any damage. Just some scuffs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4