Water/Coolant leak - 2000 SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erniefnorling

Reaction score
Hello -

My wife recently bought me a Range Rover for my birthday - shortly afterward we discovered a water/coolant leak towards the top front of the engine. I have no clue as to the name of the part - so - I included a picture.

Any guidance you can provide will be appreciated on the name of the part and if the replacement is a do it at home fix or if I should seek a mechanic.

Thanks in advance for your help. I appreciate the assistance.

Ernie

Attachments

• 2012-05-01_19-38-25_281.jpg
    2012-05-01_19-38-25_281.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Early in the morning for me, but the offending part is the worst pain to rover owners there is in my opinion... I sadly can't remember its name off the top of my head. but the two hoses come from the coolant system to heat the fuel area... deicer maybe... can't remember name sorry. anyway.. if you describe the part to any land rover parts place they can get you the fairly inexpensive gasket. about 30 minutes or so to change.

erniefnorling

Reaction score
Thanks for the information Joey

Hello -

I appreciate the information you provide and will call my local Land Rover parts place with the description.

Thanks again and take care -

Ernie

Mg-rover1

Reaction score
Throttle body heater plate...You can buy the kit at atlantic british.

erniefnorling

Reaction score
Thanks for the information

Hello -

Thanks for the name of the part and the location to get it.

I appreciate your help,

Ernie

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99