Water leak after heavy rain in passenger footwell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

p-dawger

Reaction score
Like the title says - 2010 LR4 first time it has leaked water. After a heavy rain water was pooled in my front passenger floor board...about a cup full. Everything was closed up tight (windows, sunroof).

Anyone hear of a TSB or any issues?

p-dawger

Reaction score
Nevermind - found it.

Make : LAND ROVER Model : LR4 Year : 2010
Manufacturer : LAND ROVER
Service Bulletin Number : TB-3409-3B Date of Bulletin : JUL 31, 2010
NHTSA Item Number : 10034524
Component : STRUCTURE:BODY:HOOD
Summary :
LAND ROVER: A POTENTIAL CONCERN HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED ON A NUMBER OF MODEL VEHICLES. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THERE IS INADEQUATE SEALANT AT THE LEFT HAND (LH) AND RIGHT HAND (RH) A POST COWL AREA, WHICH COULD RESULT IN WATER INGRESS INTO THE FOOTWELL. *PE

Got to love rovers, not only do they leak externally but stuff can get inside too:ahhhhh:

They should be sold with self sealing condoms for when you park them at night....

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR3 guys have had a number of issues with this as well. You should find a lot of documentation in thier forum about it.

Rob

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR3 guys have had a number of issues with this as well. You should find a lot of documentation in thier forum about it.

Rob

I think that was drainage tubes clogging, not sealant. That's structural.

vhousad

Reaction score
I also had an issue with water in the passenger footwell although the cause was quite different. Seems there is a ventilation tube joint just behind the upholstery towards the center console that can come undone. Went to the dealer and the rep fixed it in 10 seconds on the spot. Perhaps your issue relates to the TSB but just wanted to pass along my experience with a similar symptom. Good luck!

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you take it in for service do they not apply ALL current TSB's to the vehicle?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72