Water pump. FAIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You owned a P38?

I guess the real question is: would you ever own another?

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You owned a P38?

I guess the real question is: would you ever own another?

I would. Great truck. I do all my own work though, so it never bothered me much to tinker. Surprisingly I had very few issues with it. I had it from 35k to about 165k. Issues with heater core, suspension, and ignition system, but that’s about it. Otherwise ran flawlessly

Erik Green

Reaction score
Ok so all reassembled, all good, except I screwed up and put in the wrong coolant, maybe 4 quarts worth, didn’t realize the little sticker till it was too late. So do I need to do an entire coolant flush? What are the options here? (Never realized the organic acid specific to lr)

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so all reassembled, all good, except I screwed up and put in the wrong coolant, maybe 4 quarts worth, didn’t realize the little sticker till it was too late. So do I need to do an entire coolant flush? What are the options here? (Never realized the organic acid specific to lr)

Depends on what you put in. Mind sharing?

Erik Green

Reaction score
Nope so first I got the valvoline max life for all makes and models (red). Then about a bottle of peak 50/50 for all makes and models (green).

Just took for. 2 minute drive and it said overheating and switched to slug mode

image.jpg

One more side note after driving the coolant reservoir went from cold fill line when cold to completely full after warming up and driving

Erik Green

Reaction score
Ok so right now I capped the line in red, but now that I know what it’s for and the stock way was the lines In green and I need to redo the red to the green . Not sure but I’m guessing that’s what’s causing the overheating issue? Can’t be coolant, not that fast

D751D5AB-AEA8-4563-85F1-DDBBA4DB297D.jpeg

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope so first I got the valvoline max life for all makes and models (red). Then about a bottle of peak 50/50 for all makes and models (green).

Just took for. 2 minute drive and it said overheating and switched to slug mode

View attachment 9969

One more side note after driving the coolant reservoir went from cold fill line when cold to completely full after warming up and driving

Air lock. Use proper bleed procedure

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72