What brake pads do you all recommend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LandR

Reaction score
It would be great if someone posted some directions about this...

Ozzy68

Reaction score
I just had my pads and sensors changed at Sears for $364.50 out the door. Everything seems fine to me so far a week later.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my pads and sensors changed at Sears for $364.50 out the door. Everything seems fine to me so far a week later.
Nice - thanks for the tip. Was this for front and rear?

Thanks,
Rich

nsoudah

Reaction score
Brake pad replacement instructions anyone?

Thanks to all who replied to the earlier post on pad recommendations. Any chance someone has instructions on how to change them? Any help would be appreciated! :help:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I have never written any formal instructions to do it... or taken any notes. It's fairly intuitive once you get the wheel off and look at the parts you have. It's basically the same as any car: undo the bolts, pull back the piston with a clamp, put new pads in, put it back together. :smile: Remember to use some anti-squeal lube before installing. And, of course, bleed those brakes.

The most annoying part for me was getting the front left brake sensor unplugged/replaced, since the plug was behind a shield.

Last edited:

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had mine done yesterday and with parts and labor it came to $567.00 with tax.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all this talk of brakes i figured this would be a good place to ask. has anyone changed the pads solely due to horrible brake dust. this has to be the worst amount of dust on any of my last 4 SUV's. the dust will not come off either. most of it comes off but it seems to have baked on pretty good. i saw on the disco 3 forum that someone used oven cleaner and it worked like a champ without hurting the clear coat. I at least use the pressure washers at the carwash once a week to clean the wheels off and prevent buildup but still have some good staining. i may just find a good powder coat and get them done in gunmetal and be done with it. let me know what you all think. thanks

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keep them cleaned/waxed/polished and you will minimize the brake dust stick. If you have existing grime, try one of the wheel cleaner products. Oven cleaner type products will work, too... used casually. :smile:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4