What's new for 2008?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texas911

Reaction score
Any change LR will put in the video headrests like on the RRS? How about the folding mirrors? Thanks.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no on factory video option. 99% sure no power folding mirrors. (RRS gets it in North America for 2008, though.)

The changes are minimal from 2007... mostly interior cosmetic bling. Softer leather seats for "Luxury Package" now. Generally, more appeal for the fake wood/luxury crowd is available. http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles/LR3/Overview.htm

The updated PTI supports phone book access (and sometimes call log) over Bluetooth now, though... which is good.

timtiedemann

Reaction score
Yes, you can get the DVD screens put in the headrests on the LR3. I was just at LR dealer and they can put in the entire system for around $1500 plus labor.

drafdog

Reaction score
One minor change for 08 is in the SE or 10 spoke rims. Each "spoke" has a groove down the center whereas on the 07 the rim face was completely flat.

texas911

Reaction score
That's too bad. Just very minor trim changes. You'd think since the RRS is basically the same SUV that they would share more features. Wish they'd change the nav system to match the LR2's.

erylant

Reaction score
Looks like the V6 was dropped in the LR3, or am I missing it somewhere?

phelme

Reaction score
Go take a look at a 2008 in person and I think you'll see that the new "luxury package" interior is more than minor. Saw one yesterday and it's a bit RRS-like with the soft leather seats. I think they also added powered steering column adjustment in the U.S. for 2008.

With the new changes I may actually get a new LR3 when my 2006 RRS lease is up at the end of the year. :biggrin:

DefenderFanCA

Reaction score
Looks like the V6 was dropped in the LR3, or am I missing it somewhere?

You're right, it no longer shows as an option in the configurator. As I understand it, although the cost was lower for the V6, mileage was not significantly improved (if at all) due to the engine having to work so much harder. IMHO, a good move for overall customer satisfaction, and a clearer model separation from the LR2 as well.

texas911

Reaction score
Actually, I wish they'd offer the LR3 in the SE trim like my old Disco II, which had awesome vinyl upholstery. Probably not vinyl, synthetic leather is more like it. It wore like iron and looked brand new even after 3 years. They need a base model that you wouldn't mind taking to the trail as is.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tex, I have that vehicle. My LR3 is a base model and it has pleather seats that feel pretty good and wear very well. I also have coil springs instead of air suspension.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4