What's the diffrence??? 2006/2007 HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I think you are off a bit, it is not standard on the HSE in 07 but an option. I know several 07 HSE that don't have it and people that looked to get a used 07 with it and had trouble finding one.

It is an option on any HSE or SE models, all years and is called the heavy duty package.

So it is not a difference between the 06 an 07 HSE since both can have it as an option.

Sorry about the misdirection. I cannot recall the source but I read somewhere that the heavy duty package was standard oh HSEs. Clearly, the source was wrong. My bad there. I know i have it b/c the dealer did notify me of it by checking it through the VIN.. Also to clarify, I mentioned several features not present on 2006 models only.

Trynian

Reaction score
can it be added after the fact?

Some say possible, some say no, all say not worth the cost for the little gain you get from it.

We have members with and without in our club and it has yet to make a difference on getting through the toughest trails we have done.

Last edited:

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was alluded to before but if the truck has nav, go to the 4x4 info screen and select a traction program. You'll see the center locker displayed in the middle of the vehicle and another locker on the rear if the truck has it. The lockers will look like a lock in a green or red circle depending on their mode. In the snowy MTNs of PA I was surprised how much more frequently the rear locks before the center. It may be worth seeking out but then again there were some failure issues in 05 at least.

foofighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now that's more definitive for everyone to check...thanks kingfishgrapeja

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More definitive, but yet...Not my truck, but I have personally seen a nav display the rear diff locked when you would expect it needed to, except this particular truck did not have a locking rear diff. Confirmed with visual inspection. Not sure if was an oddity, but a dealer reflash didnt fix it. The dealer reports of others LR3s like this, but that may just be the brushoff.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was alluded to before but if the truck has nav, go to the 4x4 info screen and select a traction program. You'll see the center locker displayed in the middle of the vehicle and another locker on the rear if the truck has it. The lockers will look like a lock in a green or red circle depending on their mode. In the snowy MTNs of PA I was surprised how much more frequently the rear locks before the center. It may be worth seeking out but then again there were some failure issues in 05 at least.

This is eminently logical, and thus, wrong. Remember, British electronics are at play here. The locking symbol will occur with or without the locker. It as if to say, "Look here chap, if you had a locker, I'd be activating it about now. Ah well, carry on, mind the rocky bits."

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This came as a package(I forget the name of the package) if you have a full size spare, the locking diff was included. in addition, the locking diffs show up on the NAV offroad screen when it actually locks...I do not believe the package was available on SE models, only HSE.

The full size spare was part of the Heavy Duty package for MY 2007. My '07 HSE has every option except the HD package.

Patriot

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is eminently logical, and thus, wrong. Remember, British electronics are at play here. The locking symbol will occur with or without the locker. It as if to say, "Look here chap, if you had a locker, I'd be activating it about now. Ah well, carry on, mind the rocky bits."

ack! sorry for the bad assumption guys.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4