wheel alignment done now steering wheel crooked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had mine aligned on Friday by the dealer and the steering wheel is now slightly crooked / turned at an angle while going straight. Does anyone know if there's a way to loosen a nut or bolt so I can turn the steering wheel straight again and then re-tighten? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it back they need to align the wheel and then lock it down. Very annoying isn't it.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the LR3 is like most other vehicles, you need to remove the airbag first, then loosen, realign and tighten the steering wheel. It's actually a relatively easy process if you know how to remove the airbag cover, and can move the airbag without messing with the wiring; if you remove/damage the wiring you risk setting off a code for the SRS/Airbag system - guess how I know! (Not on an LR3, but on a BMW).

I'd probably try to get the dealer to do it - let them assume the risk (and they should have done so anyway).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99