wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jwest, which chains will fit with the 265/65/18 ko2s and 1.25" spacers? Thanks.

I don't recall but can go look later. I got them from Bill Burke's website so he is familiar with how to size accordingly.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my 265 60s and spacers and the tires turned I have a thumbs width or less between the tire and the front fender well. Frankly I'm a little surprised that 265/65s work at all with spacers, but people say they do. I would bet (but am not sure) that chains wouldn't fit

Very good to bring that up for people!

You're most certainly right about how the spacer would reduce the clearance when turned. People just don't seem to grasp this concept when boasting 285's or 33" tires on those higher offset compo wheels. It's as if they only drive around town full time "lifted" and on the biggest possible At tire ;)

I think it barely works on an lr3 with factory 18" wheel and no spacer and only if you also bend the upper A arm flange a bit or use a thinner spacer.

This is also part of why I took the trouble for the whole package to use 17" wheels and the narrower tires. These are narrower by 1" and inset compared to the 18's. Even when on a spacer, they are not much farther outboard than a factory 18/no-spacer arrangement.

Maybe I can do a test with photos soon for everyone on these.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're most certainly right about how the spacer would reduce the clearance when turned. People just don't seem to grasp this concept when boasting 285's or 33" tires on those higher offset compo wheels. It's as if they only drive around town full time "lifted" and on the biggest possible At tire ;)

I ran around with 285/60 tires for a couple years without issue at stock height. They are actually very slightly smaller in diameter than 265/65. The issue I have repeatedly heard complaints about are frame horn rubbing at full lock, which is a diameter issue, not a width issue.

265.JPG
285.JPG

The only reason I didn't go 285/60 again for my setup was the sole importer of BFG in this county didn't carry them and said it was a 3 month wait. Not to mention, if I had to replace a tire or two down the line, nothing would be stocked. 265/65, however, they kept regular stock of.. so... 265/65 it is for me.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which size do you run in the Grabbers? Any rubbing?

285/60-18's

At normal height some rubbing on leading edge of front tire wheel arch and on frame horns. Eliminated the wheel arch rubbing with some minor trimming. Frame horn rubbing is at limits so a slight backing off on turns solves that. Could cut them but maybe later.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran around with 285/60 tires for a couple years without issue at stock height. They are actually very slightly smaller in diameter than 265/65. The issue I have repeatedly heard complaints about are frame horn rubbing at full lock, which is a diameter issue, not a width issue.

View attachment 6796 View attachment 6797

The only reason I didn't go 285/60 again for my setup was the sole importer of BFG in this county didn't carry them and said it was a 3 month wait. Not to mention, if I had to replace a tire or two down the line, nothing would be stocked. 265/65, however, they kept regular stock of.. so... 265/65 it is for me.
How are the 265/65s working out? Any rubbing with the spacers?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are the 265/65s working out? Any rubbing with the spacers?

I use Compos. No spacers needed.

I have never had ANY front fender rubbing of any sort on either 285/60 or 265/65. The 285/60 would rub at full lock on the frame horns, but very quickly went away once slightly worn. These 265/65 haven't rubbed on anything whatsoever.

(Exact size measurements will vary ever so slightly from manufacturer to manufacturer.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635