2013 LR4 I'm new need advice on wheels

adclark

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Just thought I'd share, I Finally got my Compos and 265/60r18 BFG KO's. Super glad I went this route, kept it simple, still feels like a luxury ride, and I can't wait to take it out next week. no rub and the spare fits. stoked.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day adclark,
Congrats on your choice of wheels & tires. Especially tire size. The 265/60's are a better option compared to 265/65's because it avoids ANY problems - rubbing & fitting inflated spare. The slightly lower profile has not
proved an issue for me in seriously rough terrain. I can air-down without problem, except I keep them a couple
of pounds higher than I would with 265/65's. Ride quality is excellent & noise is fine. Speedo/odo are still quite
accurate compared to OE wheels/tires. When time comes to replace my rubber I'll be staying with the BFG KO2's. They'll be my fourth set of BFG A/T's over two Discovery's since 1998.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day adclark; I run 40-42 psi for highway driving. My D4 with all the aftermarket gear fitted & two full tanks (192 liters) & two of us onboard with average baggage/gear etc ,is
at the max gross vehicle mass of 3240kgs, so tire pressures are very important to keep moving in very rough stuff.
I'm happy to air-down to mid-20's on rough gravel/dirt tracks when needed, but usually don't bother as the KO2's are very tough. It saves time using the compressor if only
driving a relatively short distance in the rough. With the 265/60's I'm happy to go down to
18-20psi for sand driving & 22-24 on very rocky terrain - better traction & easier on the tires. I've seen many tires off the rim at 14-16psi in sand or mud, especially when changing direction quickly, so I'm very wary of going below 18psi.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robert14