2010 LR4 Off-road wheel and tire options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

San Moritz LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious. What’s your plan if you have a catastrophic air suspension failure while you’re driving off-road?

Also, your bumper looks like a Tactical 4x4 build. Is that what you have there?

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious. What’s your plan if you have a catastrophic air suspension failure while you’re driving off-road?

Also, your bumper looks like a Tactical 4x4 build. Is that what you have there?
I had to reread it too but in his post he did state he dropped the truck to the bumpstops to check everything.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep your **** maintained and carry a GAP tool, maybe even some air line if you really plan on getting out there and don’t worry about failure. It isn’t 2008 anymore, no reason to just always plan for air suspension failure.. it really doesn’t happen.

No one builds a Toyota and runs small tires in case they break a strut or torsion bar.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Keep your **** maintained and carry a GAP tool, maybe even some air line if you really plan on getting out there and don’t worry about failure. It isn’t 2008 anymore, no reason to just always plan for air suspension failure.. it really doesn’t happen.

No one builds a Toyota and runs small tires in case they break a strut or torsion bar.
Not true... I've "upgraded" to the Lucky8 hd lower control arms with poly bushings not too long ago. While out on an easy trail the RH LCA broke at the front bushing, the axle popped out of the cv joint on the engine side, and bent the airbag/strut deeming it completely useless. Luckily, I ran my smaller 31" tires that day and the SYA saved my A$$. I couldn't imagine the damage it would have done with my 33s.

And fyi, I've been on bump stops while on the move with my 33s and the SYA kit saved me from causing some damage.

I also have individual schrader valves for each corner as an emergency backup along with the xlifter and gap. So, being overly prepared is a good thing.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true... I've "upgraded" to the Lucky8 hd lower control arms with poly bushings not too long ago. While out on an easy trail the RH LCA broke at the front bushing, the axle popped out of the cv joint on the engine side, and bent the airbag/strut deeming it completely useless. Luckily, I ran my smaller 31" tires that day and the SYA saved my A$$. I couldn't imagine the damage it would have done with my 33s.

And fyi, I've been on bump stops while on the move with my 33s and the SYA kit saved me from causing some damage.

I also have individual schrader valves for each corner as an emergency backup along with the xlifter and gap. So, being overly prepared is a good thing.
I’ll probably come off as an asshole here, but it’s pretty well documented that the poly bush arms will break like that.

**** happens, but I think the “plan for an inevitable air suspension failure” thing is outdated.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I’ll probably come off as an asshole here, but it’s pretty well documented that the poly bush arms will break like that.

**** happens, but I think the “plan for an inevitable air suspension failure” thing is outdated.
I guess I'm old school then.

Side note, this censorship allows you to say asshole, but you can't say n-ipple?

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll probably come off as an asshole here, but it’s pretty well documented that the poly bush arms will break like that
Really? It's the first I've heard of it.
While out on an easy trail the RH LCA broke at the front bushing...
What is the failure mode? Did the bolt break? The LCA itself sheared?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Really? It's the first I've heard of it.
It's actually pretty common, but I thought I'm special and it wouldn't happen to me.

What is the failure mode? Did the bolt break? The LCA itself sheared?
It broke where the bushing inserts into the front LCA. The bushing was 100% in tact, the LCA bushing hoop broke in half where it meets the the rest of the welded structure.

Screenshot_20230421_073635_Chrome.jpg
20230327_122832.jpg

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is LK8 saying? Gotta be a parts defect. Junk metal they are stamped from?

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it because there's no compliance in the poly bushing, so what would normally be ramps in force turn into impacts/step functions? Are there any stress fractures on the other side? Scary! Another reason to regret installing the poly to add to my list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV