White, steel, Defender-style 18" wheels for LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still shocked not to have run into someone that has fit these on an LR4.

PLW216W.jpg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would require a custom wheel from a place like Stockton Wheel to fit on an LR4, and then you're probably at or above aluminum wheel prices.

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would require a custom wheel from a place like Stockton Wheel to fit on an LR4, and then you're probably at or above aluminum wheel prices.

Seems like if they made it in 17", you could do it by going to V6 brakes. Or that's what I'm gathering from what I've read. But I can't find that wheel in anything except 16".

If TuffAnt or Terrafirma had made that wheel in 18", I'd be pretty happy right now. As it is, I'm still currently leaning TuffAnt.

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they make 17” wheels for the land rover? Cuz i have brand new ko2s in 17” on a sequoia whose engine is dead. I could just use those! Omg i hope they have 17s for the landy

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they make 17” wheels for the land rover? Cuz i have brand new ko2s in 17” on a sequoia whose engine is dead. I could just use those! Omg i hope they have 17s for the landy

I've not found this style in 17". Even if you did, you'd have to swap out your brakes to fit them. At least that's my understanding. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've not found this style in 17". Even if you did, you'd have to swap out your brakes to fit them. At least that's my understanding. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.
Ohhhh!!!! No bueno.
And that’s not the case if i go from my stock 19”s to 18”s?

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh!!!! No bueno.
And that’s not the case if i go from my stock 19”s to 18”s?

I'm navigating that now. If you go to 18s, you can go with the TuffAnt or Compmotive (no spacers needed) or the Terrafirma or LR3 18s (spacers needed)—and then you can run the brakes you have now. If there are other options out there, I'm not aware of them (but would love to be).

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also the Evo Course Dakar wheel (no spacer): https://www.mainlineoverland.com/co...e-dakarzero-18x8-5-land-rover-lr4-5x120-et-35

And this mud-tech wheel. (I believe no spacer required)

https://www.mudtech4x4.com/en/18-wheels-discovery-4/

I'm navigating that now. If you go to 18s, you can go with the TuffAnt or Compmotive (no spacers needed) or the Terrafirma or LR3 18s (spacers needed)—and then you can run the brakes you have now. If there are other options out there, I'm not aware of them (but would love to be).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM