Why are Santanas figures better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

kao

Why does the new Santana Ps 10 have a better stated wading depth and side tilt angle than the Defender 90/110? They are basicly both the same designe, apart from the Santana being closer to a series 3 with parabolic leafsprings. Santana claim a 750mm wading depth and a 40 degree maximum side tilt angle. While the almost identicle except for coils 110 claims 500mm wading and 30 degree side tilt! I seem to remember Land Rover having a better stated tip angle for the 90 in the 80s, was this just because they were taking into account it using 205x16 tires instead of 7.50s, or have they just become more conservative with there figures lately? Or are they just less stable than they used to be?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never even heard of the new Santana ps10. I looked it up on the internet and it seemed pretty cool. I will do more research.

S

SteveA

I can't answer the questions about wading, but I would assume that has to do with the positioning of the air intake. As far as side tilt, Land Rover, at least in the US has gotten away from publishing these numbers completely. It has to do with the issue of liability, I'm sure. Of couse side tilt numbers are under ideal situations with plenty of traction, etc.

Stephen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM