Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

funkyhb

Reaction score
I own a 2006 Land Rover lr3, and when I plug my phone in the the aux chord (located behind the center console facing the back seats) it is significantly quieter than the radio and CD player. I have researched this and found that it is not an uncommon problem, but are there any solutions?

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope to find an answer as well. This bugs me but I have found no solutions.

Also, it seems the AUX will not play out the front speakers - only rear.

All speakers work and sound fine on other inputs.

funkyhb

Reaction score
Interesting, because mine seem to mainly play out of the front speakers, not the back. There are tons of other threads with this same question and no clear answer so i don’t know...

Ttweedy

Reaction score
Hmmm mine plays out of both. Try a different cable,I’ve noticed if it’s not all the way in it’ll cut out the front.

funkyhb

Reaction score
I just tested it today and all the speakers do play, just quieter. And when it is not all the way in the left speakers don’t play so I always make sure it is all the way plugged in. Might take it to a dealership or something because I’m not using the pretty nice Harman Kardon system to it’s full capabilities.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try this, play the radio on FM for a few minutes before you switch to AUX mode. Works for mine. Also make sure your source volume is all the way up. Good luck!

mklinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had installed a preamp into my center console, fed the signal though that to make it a reasonable volume. 2005 LR3.

5crows

Reaction score
I've got a Samsung phone that I use in Aux for music, same issue. Loudest out of Left Front. But I also tried phone into a little mini speaker and also noticed no stereo. It seemed like the cable was at fault, if I bluetoothed to speaker things were fine.

I think the China cables and UK connectors are not getting along.

Then tried using Aux with my phone, on my 2010 Town and Country van. Also cable / connector problem, no stereo. Somebody told me to reverse which side of cable was in phone to get stereo back. Doing this did actually help with the speaker. I could see that the jacks on wire need proper positions in Aux port to get stereo, plugging it in and jiggling it around stereo worked, the stopped, then worked. So getting the proper hookup, took a lot of sensitivity and patience. I could tell that things were not lining up with cable, and having the Aux connector in the back didn't help. Problem has me bringing the mini bluetooth speaker along for drives.

Here is interesting look at inside of a phone jack. Guessing same goes for Aux port. Check out the pictures.

https://androidforums.com/threads/s7-headphone-issue-only-sound-in-one-ear.1008496/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72