Wierd question for those with folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewman75

Reaction score
Hi All,
Very odd question. I have the auto folding mirrors that fold in/out with lock/unlock. We got snow and ice here overnight. So of course when I open the car this morning, they don't budge. So once i clear them off and the car is all warmed up, I hop out and lock. Nothing of course since they are already folded. Unlock again and nothing. So I try the hold both side mirror button trick per the owners manual and they do fold out and back in with each press of both together. However, it seems like now they fold way further in than before. The drivers side actually seems to touch the window and the passenger side comes close. As well, when they extend, the drivers side seems to extend further then the passenger one. Of course, never having paid that much attention, before, I have no idea if this is the norm. But I don't seem to think it is. Anyone with the auto fold mirrors willing to take a look next time they go out and see how far in the mirrors fold and if the passenger side seems slightly less extended than the driver? Maybe I am just being nuerotic, but it seems off to me. Thanks so much.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention this. Ours are acting up as well on our LR4 although I haven't noticed them folding in further than normal. Our issue is that the drivers mirror won't fold/unfold in cold weather.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72