Window Tinting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had originally ordered Stornoway Grey. Then came the Japan disaster and LR changed their color offerings which left me with Orkney Grey. It turned out great! :biggrin:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had originally ordered Stornoway Grey. Then came the Japan disaster and LR changed their color offerings which left me with Orkney Grey. It turned out great! :biggrin:
I have Nara Bronze, which was also discontinued. Though, I think it's back if you look at the Land Rover website!

drewman75

Reaction score
Hi All,
Relevant topic for me since I am looking to tint the fronts and darken the rears here soon. Two car seats in the back and with the seats in the LR4, the kiddos sit pretty high up. So even with those child sun shades, when the sun is at the right level, they are just getting hammered with the direct glare. So... brings me to two questions.

1. Can anyone recommend or just speak to darker tint and alleviating that glare? In MD we can go to 50 on the rears in SUVs. In anyone else's experience, does that mute it enough? Or do I need to go with a certain type of tint to help negate the glare? My main concern being that I don't want to basically also lose the ability to see out the window while doing a quick lane change visual check and such.

2. Didn't see a firm answer in the thread yet. But can anyone speak to whether tinting the top 5-6" inches on the windshield affects the heating element in the windshield or the other way around. Does the heating element slowly degrade the tint?

Sorry for the long post. But thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM