Window Tinting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think it would have matched if you put 35 on the front only and left the rear stock?

It should match, and if you don't care about the heat getting in through the back window, do it.It save huge money too.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think it would have matched if you put 35 on the front only and left the rear stock?

That what I would do. Don’t see the point to do the rear if it is there already. I would make sure the tint color is the same, and would do it slightly lighter - just personal preference... I am not sure about whole windshield, but I will definitely do ~6" line at the top.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score

so your rears are darker? it should be the other way around. the lower % means darker tint. mine's actually 15% front to match the factory rears, but this all depends on the film you are getting at the shop. best bet is to go to the shop and take a sample to do a comparison. i am not sure why you have to tint the backs when they are already tinted.

Sorry, I just make people confused ....Yes, the lower the % the darker the film.
Window tinting is more about heat reflection, so I tint the rear window.
I do have the rear film darker than front, I really don't care about matching.
I ain't no drug dealer, just don't want people scanning into my car at the light.

If you want a match, 35% front and 50% rear will do the job, APOLOGIZE for what I said before. And you can always let the shop people to sample it~!

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should match, and if you don't care about the heat getting in through the back window, do it.It save huge money too.

Is the stock tint the same on all stock cars? It sounds like not all of us have the same percentage... On mine the rear is pretty dark, not sure what percentage is, but could be around 30-20…; don’t think there will be an issue with heat…

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the stock tint the same on all stock cars? It sounds like not all of us have the same percentage... On mine the rear is pretty dark, not sure what percentage is, but could be around 30-20…; don’t think there will be an issue with heat…

Mine is a 2011, looks like a 30 to me when stock. I tint it to block heat and for more privacy. We got too much sun in the summer here. As you said, you live in the metropolitan area, so leave the rear stock will be fine.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got all windows clear and like the non tinted look :cool:

IMG_0397.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM