Window Tinting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out that as long as you look nice, don't tint your window 100%, and make the front window less% than rear..cops leave you alone...

I think the % is really how you want your car to look like. Choose a good brand of film is the key.

i just cant stand the uneven look, the way out of the factory with only rear tints. that bothers me. first week getting the car i got it tinted.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... but they will give you a hard time if you get stopped and they see you have tint.
They can give you a hard time only if they have a tint meter, which they usually don’t have.

On one hand I like windshield idea, but on another...One of my cars was about 20% everywhere except w.shield, and I had an issue sometimes turning into a dark street...

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Wi the law allows "any" tint that comes in vehicle from factory. But no state allows windshield. I was told by a friend who ordered and pick up a BMW in Germany years ago that one of the important items that came up when he ordered was the window tints, USA bumper requierement and exhaust system.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just cant stand the uneven look, the way out of the factory with only rear tints. that bothers me. first week getting the car i got it tinted.

I couldnt agree more. The more you look around, the more vehicles you see with the same tint on the back only situation. To me looks like you ran out of cash or film and didn't finish the job!

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldnt agree more. The more you look around, the more vehicles you see with the same tint on the back only situation. To me looks like you ran out of cash or film and didn't finish the job!

At the tinting shop, the lightest film is 15%. If I match the front to rear, I have to use over 50% film, which is way too dark. Or, leave rear untouched, only tint front..which is :stupid:.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good information gents, I appreciate it. Does anyone know what the factory tint on the rear is? I'm wondering if I could put 15 on the rear and 35 on the front so they'll match. I think Saturday I'm going to get the truck cleaned & polished then tinted. I'll post a few pics to show off.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good information gents, I appreciate it. Does anyone know what the factory tint on the rear is? I'm wondering if I could put 15 on the rear and 35 on the front so they'll match. I think Saturday I'm going to get the truck cleaned & polished then tinted. I'll post a few pics to show off.

no no ...look at my pics...that's what I have, 35 front, 15 rear. To match, you need to have at least 45 on front(15 rear).

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think it would have matched if you put 35 on the front only and left the rear stock?

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no no ...look at my pics...that's what I have, 35 front, 15 rear. To match, you need to have at least 45 on front(15 rear).

so your rears are darker? it should be the other way around. the lower % means darker tint. mine's actually 15% front to match the factory rears, but this all depends on the film you are getting at the shop. best bet is to go to the shop and take a sample to do a comparison. i am not sure why you have to tint the backs when they are already tinted.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM