Windshield Buzzing Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

byoung

My 2003 Range Rover has a buzzing sound near the windshield at speeds b/w 70 and 90 mph. The buzzing sound only lasts about 1 second and then stops. The sound certainly appears to be wind related. I have taken it in to have the problem corrected several times but the dealership cannot diagnose the problem.

Does anyone know what the cause of this problem could be? Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

discomike

Brad,
I could be a smart ass and tell you not to drive at those speeds, that this is part of the speed alert feature, but I won't.
I would consider taping the windshield seal area and see if the noise is still there, you could have a bad seal at the w/s, or your speeding again.
Mike J.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a (slightly) loose weatherstripping section? Something where a little bit of the weatherstripping on the windshield vibrates at high wind speeds caused by driving 5-25 over the limit? :biggrin:

Seriously, look at the weatherstripping around the windshield, my guess is that you're flapping in the breeze...

jumper5836

Reaction score
I agree with Moose something external could be flapping which causes the buzz, or maybe you have your limit set in the on-board computer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo