Wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. In going to another LR dealership and get a second opinion. The battery tests out fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Called a second dealer I mean stealership and they ran my vin and I need it reset. Thanks and sorry to hijack the thread...carry on to your regular scheduled program.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the IID tool do a battery management reset? Perhaps Eric will chime in.

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have one, I have a simple OBD II tool that syncs with my BT and IPhone which I do resets to my Miata with. I just have wasted so much time with this and now as I wait for the battery to be tested while walking about in Sears, I have to trek across town to the dealer to reset this. Needless to say, I'm ****** and will email the other dealer when this is over with and let them know they effed up.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't help amneme1, but the IIDTool does include the BMS reset routine in its firmware. My understanding is that the BMS needs to be reset each time you replace an old battery with a new one, and it is especially critical for later LR4s fitted with Stop/Start systems.

Last edited:

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I guess I know what my next toy will be

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member