X-Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never removed the LR cross-bars, but last time I tried it was not obvious. Even when I slid the bars to the spots on the rails where there were indentations...where it seemed they'd come on and off...they wouldn't.

What (step) am I missing?

Is there a manual or procedure documented anywhere that someone has seen?

Any help is appreciated.

LarryTres

Reaction score
Try going to this LR site: http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

Enter your model and year info then go to the "Owner" menu selection at the top. On the Owner pages select the "Accessory Fitting Instructions" menu item on the left. There will be a subsection for "Roof Options" . There appear to be a few crossbar instruction sets that may help.

samterri

Reaction score
Not sure about the crossbars, but when I put my Baja Rack on, I had to take one of the end caps of the main rail off and slide the connectors on that way. There's one screw to undo and the cap comes right off. Hope that helps.

Sam

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just slide them to the removal notches in the rails. Make sure you loosen the allen screws under the cover on the bar itself (this is because the rails aren't perfectly in line with each other.. Once you do this they should just lift out!! Atleast mine did...

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Any help is appreciated.
I have the manual for the crossbars, and will email it to you this evening...

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never removed the LR cross-bars, but last time I tried it was not obvious. Even when I slid the bars to the spots on the rails where there were indentations...where it seemed they'd come on and off...they wouldn't.

What (step) am I missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Houm, might be a dumb question but did you loosen up the towers with an allen wrench so you can expand or retract the length of the crossbar first?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John, thanks for the offer to e-mail; that can't hurt.

Ryan, Duckdive: the Allen-head screw loosening is the step I missed last time!

Thanks all....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9