XLifter and stock settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently got an XLifter, and the documentation is a little thin. So I have a couple of questions.

1. If you install the XLifter system, you end up with basically two sets of controls trying to run in parallel, right? For example, if you have the stock buttons set to off-road mode, and the XLifter set to -25mm, what happens?

i.e. does the XLifter overrride whatever the stock system is doing once it is installed, so that -25mm is set relative to the calibrated 0mm setting (ignoring how the stock controls are set)? Or does it set -25mm relative to that new off-road height?

2. I also can’t figure out how to find the WiFi password.

3. I noticed on my setup, when I first lowered by 25mm, it appeared to lower the front, but not the rear. Yet when I tried that trailer assist setting, it definitely lowered the rear, by a lot. Does that mean it didn’t calibrate properly or something?

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would expect the trailer assist to raise the rear, not lower it, so that the trailer tongue is higher up: it reduces the breakover angle if you're loading something like a car onto the trailer. I haven't tested it on mine yet, though, I guess I should check it out.

In any case, my understanding of the system is the settings are cumulative (it's in series with the car's control module) - if you set the car to offroad height, then set the xlifter to -25mm, you'll end up 25mm below the offroad height. There are warnings about lifting it while in offroad mode, because you can make it overextend itself if you pick one of the high modes. Generally, you'd just leave the car in normal height and do all your adjustments using the xlifter. You just have to be careful if you're already raised because some offroad modes will automatically put the car in offroad height.

When you dial in +25mm, the xlifter effectively subtracts 25mm from the height sensor readings it feeds to the suspension control module, causing the car to raise.

I haven't ever used the wifi/app, I do it all from the remote, so can't help you there.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
1. If you install the XLifter system, you end up with basically two sets of controls trying to run in parallel, right? For example, if you have the stock buttons set to off-road mode, and the XLifter set to -25mm, what happens?
If you have it setup to default at a certain height and changing the height to -25mm, it simply reduces the current height by 25mm. Same principle applies at any settings from default height. Just remember that you cannot go beyond the limits. Meaning if you have it set default to off-road height at +55mm, you can't add another +55mm even though the screen says 0mm.

2. I also can’t figure out how to find the WiFi password.
It's displayed on the screen when you get to the WiFi menu on the xlifter. Can't remember off the top of my head, but it's there. You need the app installed on your smartphone and the controller to display the WiFi connection, then you can connect to it.

3. I noticed on my setup, when I first lowered by 25mm, it appeared to lower the front, but not the rear. Yet when I tried that trailer assist setting, it definitely lowered the rear, by a lot. Does that mean it didn’t calibrate properly or something?
Does the truck normally lower in the rear? I say this, because there are a few Arnott replaced rear struts have issues lowering. It should lower/raise all corners by the amount you want. If you haven't calibrated your suspension, I would highly recommend doing so on the flattest pavement possible on oem "lift" rods AND calibrate the xlifter immediately after. This will guarantee the xlifter is calibrated to the truck's calibration.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV