19" Tire Option Discussion - Again!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Hoyas06,

I understand what you mean completely! I fully expected the Coopers to be a bit louder on the highway and maybe deliver a more "choppy" ride. I drove the same route I always do this morning and it just felt as though the Coopers were quieter on the highway and handled a lot better than my stock Contis (4x4Contact). It is hard to explain the difference, but I could feel it in overall ride and drive (steering, grip, etc.).

My Contis had 11,000 miles on them, but were in "great condition" according to the Land Rover dealership and independent Land Rover garage that I use for everyone non-warranty. I had my tires rotated and an alignment done last month at the Land Rover dealership. Maybe they botched it up?

The Coopers were installed by the independent Land Rover garage that I use and they are EXCELLENT and know what they are doing - unlike some of the dealership. So, maybe it's just an artifact of them actually taking the time to install and balance them correctly?

I don't know why they "feel" a lot better. Maybe it's in my mind? :) But, honestly, I can definitely feel a difference in the ride and drive!

I recently had a friend of mine baby sit my dog while I was away in Boston and he drove my LR4 for the week. I should let him drive without telling him anything about the tires and see if he notices a difference.

Either way, I love the new Coopers!

-David

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, I'm with you. They are surprisingly quiet and have awesome road manners. After putting the 285/65/18's on our 3, I didn't hesitate to put a set on the Range, they're THAT GOOD! Happy to hear you enjoy your purchase!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few more photos.....

Here are a few more photos:

image_8.jpg

image_7.jpg

image_6.jpg

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
Hi David,

For the benefit of others who might be interested in more off-roady tires and come to the forum to do a search, I suggest you start a new dedicated thread entitled "Cooper Zeon LTZ Off-Road tires on stock 19" wheels" or something like that, and repost these photos along with the others you intend to post. It would be an excellent public service.

They look great, and I think lots of folks would be interested.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,

For the benefit of others who might be interested in more off-roady tires and come to the forum to do a search, I suggest you start a new dedicated thread entitled "Cooper Zeon LTZ Off-Road tires on stock 19" wheels" or something like that, and repost these photos along with the others you intend to post. It would be an excellent public service.

They look great, and I think lots of folks would be interested.
Will do!

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635