2005 lr3 285/60 r18 rubbing frame! help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They say they stop the tire from coming up in your floor on a head on. I still have mine on the floor in the garage, but I have RS Sliders which will stop the tire movement back. Those frame horns are welded to the frame on a 2008 up.

The sliders are attached to the body, not the frame. I doubt they would serve the same function as the frame horn.

These type of modifications make me really nervous. Kinda like when I see hilift jacks on front bumpers or above the hood on a front bull bar. It's just a missile waiting to launch through the front windshield.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So strange....I've never had any interference problem with the frame horn, to the extent that I never even knew of it by name until this post. I have SEEN one; a buddy of mine (and poster here) has a 2008 and so it's welded on his. I have run the Zeons, too...no rubbing.

Best of luck with this....

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a write up on moving the wires on the driver side im lost was looking and looking and couldn't find a good way to get them out of the way

Yes, I put a link to it in the first response.

My vehicle does not appear to have those.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet yea I was looking at getting it cut down but who knows when ill get to that haha. This is my first rover and im loven it but damn they get expensive. I just learned I have to go to the dealer for an alignment and they want 180. But man it rides so good and does great off road

FWIW, my dealer admitted that they took it to the local tire shop to do the alignments - which is what I did to save over $100. You might want to call around, it's not rocket science...

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's correct...

Well, they do on my voyager sliders. The door sill and underside of the sill.

The frame is further in.

935679_10101167405641700_1682266378_n_zps8c3a0b49.jpg

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, my dealer admitted that they took it to the local tire shop to do the alignments - which is what I did to save over $100. You might want to call around, it's not rocket science...

My dealer in JAX, FL wouldn't touch mine to do an alignment with the Johnson Rods on. I did find a local tire/off road shop that did it for $70... it took some phone calls around town though!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they do on my voyager sliders. The door sill and underside of the sill.
The frame is further in.

Thanks, I know where the frame is!

The RS Sliders are way different. They install via 7 mounting locations per side including 2 pylon mounts each side. They go all the way over the frame rail on either side, protecting the EAS compressor and tank.

Worth the $$

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....uh, anyone know how to delete a post?

Last edited:

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just do what you did... Here's a better picture of the full sliders..

http://www. disco3. co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=23182&pos=8

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM