2005 lr3 285/60 r18 rubbing frame! help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep don't trust the dealer you never know what tech you will get since you never see them...
Took my LR4 for the 30k service (oil change and break fluid change) and 4k miles later as I'm upgrading my skid plates notice a "small oil leak" well looks like they either mis the side engine plug that was leaking the oil or they had a little accident and broke it. Everything is fix now but I inspeccion my vehicles after I get back from them.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411197063145.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411197063145.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 16

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is so obnoxious.

Anyone reading this who is anywhere near Durham NC should take their business to Flying Circus who only work on English vehicles including the modern land rovers. I've never had such an issue there.

Their head tech did all of my systems installations and put in a 2nd ground for the dual battery layout. Recently after getting something done at the dealer in Tacoma I found the 2nd ground just left hanging ... it had been sandwiched between a bolt to the frame holding the front Rasta protection plate that must have come off for the big service.

I don't like knowing I can't just "trust" the dealer tech experience. Why bother going there except for the warranty coverage.

tr182md

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another post. Too much of the work they do is read the code replace the part. They show no sign of thinking or troubleshooting. They did one thing that I consider troubleshooting but unfortunately that did not help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM