2010 LR4 - New to the forum - electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corey Goldman

Reaction score
Hi - my name is Corey, and I live in Toronto, Canada. I'm new to the forum, but have had my LR4 since 2010. It's an HSE, but doesn't have the label HSE on the back as it was the first year of the new look / model.

I "inherited" the car from wife about two weeks ago as she was experiencing electrical issues with it and was done with it: the passenger doors intermittently do not lock, the windows do not go up and down, the media / info system turns off / reboots, etc.

Clearly there's a short somewhere, but I am not sure where to begin to troubleshoot.

Input most welcome. Thanks in advance.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First welcome to the forum.

Second tech questions are best in the LR4 Section since you have an LR4.

Always start with a battery test when you have any electrical issues with a rover. Has the sunroof been left open in the rain?

Corey Goldman

Reaction score
Thanks Joey, and not a problem - will move to the LR4 section.

No, we’ve never left it open and had it rain. I’ve noticed a few things: a clicking noise in the passenger foot area; the interior lights slightly flickering when the engine is idling; and the entertainment system likes to reset itself every so often. Hard to tell at this point what it is but I’m hoping to narrow it down a bit so I don’t have the shop looking for a needle in a haystack.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would check the battery

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Joey, low battery or maybe need a new alternator. Most LR4 electrical problems seem to trace back to one of those 2 items.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like classic low battery symptoms. When the batteries get low on these things, the vehicles often act possessed.

Do you know the last time it was replaced? A good lifespan of an LR4 battery is about 2 to 2.5 years.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start at the battery as well. Check brake pedal switch next. Are you sure about the HSE badge? I have an early run Canadian spec 2010 LR4 and it has the HSE badge on lower right of tailgate.

edstephan

Reaction score
2011 LR4 HSE LUX US vehicle
I too had the same problem, the passenger doors intermittently did not lock, the windows do not go up and down, the media / info system turns off / reboots, etc. Replaced battery, had Alt checked seemed to cure for a while.
Sun roof was left opened during a rain. now no windows, no locking, no mirror folding media system seems to be working fine no rebooting.

Update 13 July 2018, Turns out I had a broken signal wire between connectors C0398-2 & SJ2014. ran overlay wire. problem corrected. Communication established between BCM and PDM..

Any help would be quite welcome
Thank You
Ed

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge