2013???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umbertob,

Would you mind confirming one thing? With HSE LUX but without the Black Design Package, what type of roof rails you get?

I dont really like the full length roof rails, and am hoping that regular roof rails (like 2012 HSE LUX models) come with HSE LUX this year too.

Thanks.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you get any roof rails at all. At least my configured vehicle specs (before I added the black pack) didn't make any mention of them. Honestly, I could care less about roof rails either way, so I never inquired about them to begin with... Were the short ones standard on MY2012 Lux? I didn't know that.

Last edited:

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roof rails did not come standard on 2012 NAS models, regardless of trim package.

phelme

Reaction score
Roof rails did not come standard on 2012 NAS models, regardless of trim package.
I got burned by this roof rail thing back when they dropped it as standard equipment back to the States in 2010. Back then you had to know to request it on the order even though there was no check box for it. It costs more than twice as much to have it installed by the dealer as at the factory, mostly labor costs.

I'm "photoshopping" LR4 images to see what colors go well with the black design package. ;)

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer charged $110.00 to install full-length roof rails. That's a very reasonable rate.

zgaspen

Reaction score

Aside from the 2012 Ltd which comes standard with the full length. They could prove handy, but I personally don't care for the look of the full ones (especially in chrome).

ricktu

Reaction score
colors?

What are the official colors you can order a 2013 in? I've seen some posts online of 5 new colors, but would like to know what the full set of colors you can order a 2013 in (if anyone knows).

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is off a MY2013 press release in the UK, not 100% sure if all these colors will make it to North America (S=Solid, M=Metallic, PM=Premium Metallic. The 3-digit code that follows is the LRC / Land Rover Color code.)

Aintree Green M 866
Baltic Blue M 912
Barolo Black (Replaced Bournville) PM 861
Barossa PM 871
Causeway Grey PM 950
Orkney Grey M 949
Firenze Red M 868
Fuji White S 867
Havana (Replaced Bali Blue) PM 865
Indus Silver M 863
Ipanema Sand M 824
Mariana Black PM 860
Marmaris Teal M 826
Nara Bronze M 825
Siberian Silver M 834
Santorini Black M 820

I am a little puzzled as to why Havana - which looks dark brown to me - would replace Bali Blue, as the two have nothing to do with each other. Perhaps it's a typo, if anything Havana should replace Bournville, not Bali Blue... And Bali Blue was nice.

Last edited:

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am a little confused.

With my 2006 LR3 HSE, months later after my initial purchase, i bought and installed cross bars myself. I did not have to get anything else to install them. So i am guessing the roof rails came with my LR3.

Now, for current LUX models, both 2012 and 2013, will i need any extra equipment if i want to buy and install crossbars myself?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo