2015 LR4 SCV6 Gas Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and do a small highway trip, about 40 miles, I'll fill the tank up with premium gas, reset the odometer then refill again and see how it does. I'm running on 255/55/R20 Pirelli Scorpion All Season, OEM was 255/50/R20, I wanted a bit more of profile on the tires for *** holes and whatnot. As for the snorkel, there's only one on the passenger's side. And I just realized my tires were underinflated to 30 psi, it does get really hot here on the south around this time of year so I'll do 35 psi on the front and 41 psi on the rear.

What sets me off a bit is that I also own a 2021 Land Cruiser which has a 5.7 L V8 and it does 13.2 mpg on the city and is heavy as hell, so how come the LR4 is doing the same or less on an SCV6?

I'll keep you posted guys
Thanks a lot for your feedback

Is the Land Cruiser all time 4 wheel drive like these rovers or is it 2 wheel with a transfer case? That could make the difference

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SCV6 mileage was barely better than the V8. Maybe 1 mpg at best. A complete disaster move by Land Rover.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SCV6 mileage was barely better than the V8. Maybe 1 mpg at best. A complete disaster move by Land Rover.

Agreed. I've owned both. I believe I'm doing better in the city with the V6, at least. But with ATs and usually carrying a pretty heavy load up/down the mountains, I honestly think I was doing better with the V8. There are at least a few examples of a larger engine, lightly loaded, getting better economy than a small (often FI) engine pushed harder in the real world. Nearest example would be the P400 Defender getting better highway mileage than the P300 4 cyl.

Last edited:

LandRobert

Reaction score
OK, so here are the numbers:

Highway trip 68.78 miles we got 18.01 mpg

I checked fuel trims and oxygen sensor parameters, everything looks fine.

I believe we are within the specs, looks like the roof rack is a taking a toll of about 1 mpg on the highway.

Let's see how we do on the city this week.

I'll keep you posted
Thanks a lot!

Harold_C

Reaction score
2016 LR4 SCV6 - 18" TuffAnt steel wheels with 265/60/18 Falken Rubitrek tires @ F:37psi and R:40psi

Just returned from Maine yesterday - 19.7 mpg between Maine and CT - cruising 70-75mph. Will probably drop 1mpg for the hills in CT back to NY, haven't refueled yet.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 LR4 SCV6 - 18" TuffAnt steel wheels with 265/60/18 Falken Rubitrek tires @ F:37psi and R:40psi

Just returned from Maine yesterday - 19.7 mpg between Maine and CT - cruising 70-75mph. Will probably drop 1mpg for the hills in CT back to NY, haven't refueled yet.
If you’re using the onboard computer they tend to read high. They’re around 7-10% optimistic on the mileage.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 5.0L V8. I expected the MPG to be horrific. It hasn't been that bad. I took an over 800 mile round trip drive a couple of weekends ago. When I filled up after, it said I had a range of well over 300 miles. I think my average MPG was close to 15. That's not great and with premium gas it's even worse, But it is nowhere near as bad as I was told to expect.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72