Alarm going off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to hear

We will all keep our fingers crossed but it sounds like you determined the problem, which is the hard part, and a potential fix.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We will all keep our fingers crossed but it sounds like you determined the problem, which is the hard part, and a potential fix.
To be fair, it also usually only goes off when I am on vacation and parked outside someone's bedroom window. Usually a neighbor who didn't appreciate the 2:AM wakup call.... :proud:

Trynian

Reaction score
To be fair, it also usually only goes off when I am on vacation and parked outside someone's bedroom window. Usually a neighbor who didn't appreciate the 2:AM wakup call.... :proud:

an indie shop can tell you what the last 5 alarm triggers are. It could be any of the doors.

choppermagic

Reaction score
New LR owner here. This thread was very helpful because my alarm started going off. Ive decided to pull the sensor and use the tin foil for now, but I can't get the thing unplugged! My fingers are apparently too stubby to get a good grip on it and i dont know what to squeeze so i dont break anything keeping it in place.

Does anyone have any tips on how to easily remove the sensor plug? I can't find an actual video of someone showing how it's done. I know it's supposed to be easy, but i just cant get a good grip given the tight space/access to it.

Thanks!

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny how things work out. I've been having this problem recently and didn't read up on it here. When I first got my 06, I was getting random errors on the dash and the solution was to replace the battery. Fast forward a few years and the alarm kept randomly going off, which I attributed to the battery so I got a new one. No more random alarm going off, and maybe I could have saved a couple hundred $ with some aluminum foil and a paper clip.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chopper, sorry, no pictures but I know from following the links and such on this thread I saw a picture of it somewhere, or maybe it was in a diagram of the part that was posted.

my second alarm issue (going off even after replacement, and then paperclip) still seems to be resolved by the lubrication mentioned above. No errant alarms or codes for 3 months.

API of Colorado

Reaction score
Problem Solved!!! I have a 2007 LR3 and after 4 months of dealing with my alarm going off randomly, I finally resolved it with a simple fix. :beer:

If after starting your vehicle you receive a hood sensor warning displayed, with no other warnings, then that's it! This is such an easy fix you can do yourself or choose to simply replace the faulty sensor.

#1) It's located inside your hood on the passenger side were the latch is.

#2) Unplug the sensor behind the latch.

#3) Close the sensor by way of medal paper clip.

#4) Tape closed the open circuit that you paper clipped via electric tape and then zip lock or zip tie wire from hanging or dangling.

Enjoy the silence!!! :rock:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...my second alarm issue (going off even after replacement, and then paperclip) still seems to be resolved by the lubrication mentioned above. No errant alarms or codes for 3 months.

I started getting alarms again a few weeks ago. Seems to be the Right Rear Door. Maybe I'll spray it with lube again, but I'm not wild about short term fixes.

Is there a sensor in there that is easily readjusted or replaced?

Then again, it sounds like it lasted a year since I last lubed. Maybe that isn't "short" term. :)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm looking for suggestions.

How do you figure out what sensor is causing the alarms? I get 1 or 2 a week. I suspect it is a rear door that only causes an issue when my 5 year old doesn't close the door all the way, but I'm not 100% sure. So, I usually walk around and slam that door myself and don't get the alarms. It's all conjecture, though...

I had my mechanic check error codes and basic stuff but there is nothing in the system. I do not get any notes inside the car.

I was going to replace the door sensor just to see if that was it, but it's about a $350 job for part and labor. Don't want to spend that if it's just a guess...

Last edited:

Trynian

Reaction score
Okay, I'm looking for suggestions.

How do you figure out what sensor is causing the alarms? I get 1 or 2 a week. I suspect it is a rear door that only causes an issue when my 5 year old doesn't close the door all the way, but I'm not 100% sure. So, I usually walk around and slam that door myself and don't get the alarms. It's all conjecture, though...

I had my mechanic check error codes and basic stuff but there is nothing in the system. I do not get any notes inside the car.

I was going to replace the door sensor just to see if that was it, but it's about a $350 job for part and labor. Don't want to spend that if it's just a guess...

Take it to the dealer. They can read what the last 5 alarm triggers were. Some indies can also but i don't know what system they use.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72