DIY Oil Change for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wayne

Reaction score
need to reset oil level indicator?

I read in the owners manual that the oil level indicator would need to be reset after and oil change. Is this the case? I presume only them can do a reset

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil level indicator seems to work fine after oil change

Jesse101

Reaction score
One thing I did notice about the lr4 there are very little DIY examples online...like I can't even find a chitons manual. Where do you guys get your info from?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mh 2012 manual states to use 5w-20 spec WSS-M2C925-A. On the bottom of the manual= Land Rover recommends CastroL EDGE professional.

Looks like the Castrol EDGE Titanium Synthetic 5w-20 might be the same?

Amsoil also has a 5w20 that meets the specs as well.

My dealer is 40 minutes away and prefer not to have to drive 80 minutes for an oil change.

So anyone use either of these two oils?

Love the new oil change procedure, I hated taking off those skid plates and hated bolting them back up more!

Last edited:

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Edge Titanium, but since the name of the original SLX professional has been changed to Edge professional, it's hard to tell. Personally, I would stick to one of the Castrol oils in case of any warranty issues. I would also recommend changing the oil more often than the std. 15,000 miles.

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I did notice about the lr4 there are very little DIY examples online...like I can't even find a chitons manual. Where do you guys get your info from?

It is a pain, isn't it? I read lots of web forums. For Rover, the ones out of the UK tend to be better with the technical information. For this thread, I was unable to find a DIY - so decided to try it myself and post pics of the process.

Also - I ask LOTS of questions of the service techs at my local Rover dealer. When I go there to buy parts, I usually swing by the service desk to ask a pre-written list of questions. They used to find me to be annoying, but I guess I have grown on them!

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a pain, isn't it? I read lots of web forums. For Rover, the ones out of the UK tend to be better with the technical information. For this thread, I was unable to find a DIY - so decided to try it myself and post pics of the process.

Also - I ask LOTS of questions of the service techs at my local Rover dealer. When I go there to buy parts, I usually swing by the service desk to ask a pre-written list of questions. They used to find me to be annoying, but I guess I have grown on them!

do you know of a way to visually inspect the oil? Is there a service dip stick? i want to visually inspect my oil. I bought a used lr4 and have know idea when the oil change was last done. I am thinking I will just get the oil changed.

Thanks,

RaiderRover

Reaction score
I too purchased a used LR4 and am going to run AMSOIL. My closest dealer is approx 6hours away. Good thing I'm a DIY'er. Good post to have. Is there a way to reset the oil change in the computer? or do I have to let it ride until I'm in an area with a dealer?

RaiderRover

Reaction score
94speedster: You listed the oil filter as W0133-1891127. Doing an online search for some oil filters, the part number I get is a W0133-1891867 (Mahle) Is this the same filter?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72