DIY Oil Change for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the filter that I used, and the patented iPad garage protection device so I can have the DIY ready to go and not get oily fingers on my iPad.

Attachments

• IMG_4624.JPG
    IMG_4624.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4625.JPG
    IMG_4625.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 105

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umberto, quick question on viscocity. My understanding from the data sheets on Castrol and M1, the viscosity only seems to change at low (winter like) temps, with Castrol measuring almost twice the cP (Brookfield measurement). But at operating temp, M1 is just slightly lower than Castrol, less than 8%. Is there more I should be looking at? I can follow most Rheology calcs if you have other insight.
I do use Edge Pro for my E-46 M3 engine in summer season, is the only one high enough. But not in winter racing.

Forgot to add this link to Mobil 1 user guide, manufacturer site

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/Vehicle_Chooser/VehicleChooser.aspx?option=2

That Mobil oil link is interesting, as there is no recommended Mobil oil for our Land Rovers. You would think they would at least recommend their 0w-40, which is probably their best oil currently...

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Mobil oil link is interesting, as there is no recommended Mobil oil for our Land Rovers. You would think they would at least recommend their 0w-40, which is probably their best oil currently...

Mobil 1 0W-40 is what is recommended and what I use for my two other cars.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I use the link, I get 5w/20 for my 2012 LR4 HSE

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    446.4 KB · Views: 92

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad, I just realized you are looking for a Range Rover 2013, not LR4. I get this for RR 2013:

Special Requirement; No Product in US
No products available in the US meeting requirements for this make/model.

or like the old DI used to say, BOHICA!

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, when I punch in 2013 LR4 HSE Lux, I get the no oil recommended... Maybe they haven't updated their database....

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is bizarre...Some kid in IT missed a table update? Isn't the LR4 2012 same engine as 2013? Unless they change something in the engine ECU, not sure why... The 2013 RR Sport works, 5w20 Extended Performance.

This is my first LR vee-hee-cle, still learning the ins and outs.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo