DIY Oil Change for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 Oil Filter Part #

Does anyone know what the part number is for the 2014 SCV6 engine oil filter?

I have an e-mail in at my local dealership trying to find it but wasn't sure if someone here already knew it.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the same filter as last year's V8.

That's kind of what I was coming to by searching online but wanted to make sure before I ordered everything.

I still have not heard from the parts department at my local dealer. Once I do I will confirm.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umbertob: How often are you changing your oil out and are you using the factory spec Castrol stuff or a different brand?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every 7500 miles. I use Mobil 1 5W-20. I could get the Castrol OEM stuff for twice the price from my local indy LR shop, but I figured I replace the oil twice as often as recommended by Land Rover, so it's a wash, LOL.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every 7500 miles. I use Mobil 1 5W-20. I could get the Castrol OEM stuff for twice the price from my local indy LR shop, but I figured I replace the oil twice as often as recommended by Land Rover, so it's a wash, LOL.

Okay, this is my plan as well. I will probably go with Pennzoil Ultra and see how that does first go round.

I did talk to my service guy yesterday and he seemed to feel fairly certain that the filter used in the NA V8 engine and the SC V6 engine should be the same. He said he had not had a Jaguar come in yet for service with the SC V6 to know for sure but that the block for the SC V6 is just the V8 block with two less cylinders. This makes me feel fairly certain that its the same. I won't be able to tell until I get my filter wrench unless I can get it open with my hands.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys had experience with Miami British parts? I recently ordered an oil filter from them (30K service DIY), and it came in a box with no markings, filter has no markings, looks like typical Chinese knockoff. I reached to them and got a bogus answer, saying it was the same. I went to dealer and got a "real LR part", also made in China. Is Miami British any good for parts? It was only $20 as opposed to dealer $45. I ordered from another supplier to have a spare one and it was only $25 for OEM LR part. Thanks all.

Now, it there was an easy way to get rid of that stupid "service Required message".... any programmers or electrical guys out there figured it out yet?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys had experience with Miami British parts? I recently ordered an oil filter from them (30K service DIY), and it came in a box with no markings, filter has no markings, looks like typical Chinese knockoff. I reached to them and got a bogus answer, saying it was the same. I went to dealer and got a "real LR part", also made in China. Is Miami British any good for parts? It was only $20 as opposed to dealer $45. I ordered from another supplier to have a spare one and it was only $25 for OEM LR part. Thanks all.

Now, it there was an easy way to get rid of that stupid "service Required message".... any programmers or electrical guys out there figured it out yet?

This doesn't make me feel wonderful inside as I just purchased a filter from them as well for my oil change. If it is 100% OEM then I believe there should be the part number printed in the plastic. Let us know the outcome.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 LR4 Oil Filter

Does anyone know what the part number is for the 2014 SCV6 engine oil filter?

I have an e-mail in at my local dealership trying to find it but wasn't sure if someone here already knew it.

So, I finally heard back from the parts guy at my local dealership and he was able to verify that the SC V6 does take the same filter as the NA V8. I will verify this again once I do an oil change, hopefully this week.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This doesn't make me feel wonderful inside as I just purchased a filter from them as well for my oil change. If it is 100% OEM then I believe there should be the part number printed in the plastic. Let us know the outcome.

They told me it was a "Miami British" part, not a LR part even though they show the LR part in the photo with the part number (on it) when you buy it, and that "they have sold lots of these with no issues", and "the photo of the LR part is there for illustration purposes only". I have no reason to not believe them, I just won't use it on my LR4.
They offered to return the part for refund, but by the time you pay to return it and the $5 restocking fee, and the time to do that crap, I might as well toss it. Growing up in Miami, I have misgivings about things like this.
Sometimes $20 is just $20, just forget it and let others know so they have the same "oh crap" moment. There are plenty of LR011279 sellers out there, OEM. Last one I got was $19.98 shipped, will keep for 37.5K mile oil change.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-...d=100011&prg=9209&rk=1&rkt=10&sd=171269475620

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4