floorboards soaked, and I mean SOAKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wqvdqu.jpg
[/IMG]

here is the object that I was talking about.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...I finally read through this entire thread and am thoroughly confused. None of these pictures are recognizable parts of my LR3.

So, if my '05 has never leaked...should I bother with this?

I still have 20K to go on my extended warranty, but I do like to prevent things like this if I can. Hmmmm....

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen that foam piece before and have no idea what it is for.

Like I said before, my drains were pinched as they exited the rear of the truck. I park my truck on an incline as well (no ither choice). My drains weren't clogged, however, because the were pinched off at the ends, the water was able to back up and flood the sunroof channels and spill out onto the headliner.

Since I refit the rear drains I've not had any problems (knock on virtual wood)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen that foam piece before and have no idea what it is for.

Like I said before, my drains were pinched as they exited the rear of the truck. I park my truck on an incline as well (no ither choice). My drains weren't clogged, however, because the were pinched off at the ends, the water was able to back up and flood the sunroof channels and spill out onto the headliner.

Since I refit the rear drains I've not had any problems (knock on virtual wood)
I apologize if I'm rehashing old issues here, but I have another question...

Are they pinched from where they were cut orginally? (accidently pinched as they were cut and left closed off) or are they actually closed up in error?

I gather the fix is to make sure the hoses run free.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries.

Mine were pinched where the line meets the ****** so water was not able to flow to the drain. I assume it was like this from the factory. I wish I had a picture.

Auburn92

Reaction score
Wow...I finally read through this entire thread and am thoroughly confused. None of these pictures are recognizable parts of my LR3.

So, if my '05 has never leaked...should I bother with this?

I still have 20K to go on my extended warranty, but I do like to prevent things like this if I can. Hmmmm....

If your the original owner, I would definately take it to the dealer before your warrentee expires. This problem is not a recall, the delearship will only fix if it's a customer complaint.

nova lr3

Reaction score
I was charged in the neighborhood of $400 to fix this all too obvious design/construction defect. I don't intend to stand for it. I'll start with the dealer, but don't expect much to happen there. Does anyone have contact info for the mid-Atlantic rep for Land Rover?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99