Got wheels! Need tires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, my Discount Tire dealer also said he just put a set of Wranglers on an LR4 using a new 18" wheel that fit the LR4 with no spacers. New wheel that he said became available in the past month or so. I'm glad I went with the Compos. But thought I'd let the rest of you know.

Happen to ask what the wheel was called? Their website shows nothing.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meant the wheel that he was referencing. I already have tires picked out! :wink:

Oh. Right. :stupid:

I don't remember the name of the wheels but I will ask. I think the name started with "A" and may have been an acronym. I am going to drop my wheels off tomorrow so they can install the wheels when they arrive. I'll try to remember to ask.

josephp_lr

Reaction score
Dan - I've been dealing with Tyler up at (Discount Tire) and looks like we're looking at the same thing. I'm going the Hankook 265/60/R18. I debated the 265/65 but didn't want to put up with any rubbing at all. I've got a 2013 LR4 with 20's as stock and have ruined 3 sidewalls over 2 years - and now after a week of off-roading in Moab, I've been convinced to go the 18's.

I'm actually trying the new wheel Tyler researched for me - guess I'm the guinea pig on this one. I was very close to ordering the Compo's ...

The wheel is an American Racing ATX194. I've gone the Matt black with black Teflon. Supposedly it came out in the last 30 days which is why it hasn't hit mainstream yet. They are coming in at well under $200 per wheel ... hopefully I'm getting them fitted Friday. So either they work, or I'm on the Compo website.

I'll post again once they get fitted as I know a bunch of guys here would appreciate a local supplier.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan - I've been dealing with Tyler up at (Discount Tire) and looks like we're looking at the same thing. I'm going the Hankook 265/60/R18. I debated the 265/65 but didn't want to put up with any rubbing at all. I've got a 2013 LR4 with 20's as stock and have ruined 3 sidewalls over 2 years - and now after a week of off-roading in Moab, I've been convinced to go the 18's.

I'm actually trying the new wheel Tyler researched for me - guess I'm the guinea pig on this one. I was very close to ordering the Compo's ...

The wheel is an American Racing ATX194. I've gone the Matt black with black Teflon. Supposedly it came out in the last 30 days which is why it hasn't hit mainstream yet. They are coming in at well under $200 per wheel ... hopefully I'm getting them fitted Friday. So either they work, or I'm on the Compo website.

I'll post again once they get fitted as I know a bunch of guys here would appreciate a local supplier.

I look forward to the outcome of if these work for you or not. There really needs to be more options for these vehicles.

There seems to be another model of wheel they have that has similar specs and can be custom drilled to our bolt pattern. The style looks as though it could fit with the LR4.

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Too funny that you and I are both working with the same guy (Tyler) at the same DT store! You must be in my area. ;-) If you see a bronze 2014 LR4 driving around that is likely to be me. Lot a whole lot of bronze out there.

I certainly hope the wheel works out. We need a better alternative than the expensive Compomotive's as epic points out. Yours will probably look better than mine. I bought mine from a former owner who had not used them. They are new but are "Anthracite". David (finlayforprez) assured me they would look great on my Nara Bronze. We'll see. LOL! But I didn't want to wait as I was able to get the Compos at less cost - but there were still more than twice what you will be paying for yours. They had to ship the Hankooks from Dallas for me. They are supposed to arrive today. They have my wheels. I'm doing Cascade Creek with a Land Rover sponsored group on Sunday so I really need these tires as we'll be doing some rock crawling.

josephp_lr

Reaction score
I'm just off Broadway and will be on the lookout - so if you see a black LR4 wave at you - it's me!

I'll have to get on that Land Rover mailing list - I actually dropped mine in for a service today and was speaking to Tyler (from LR Service) and he mentioned the Sunday run which I would have arranged around if I'd known.

I just now received a call from Discount Tire - my wheels, rims and TPMS are in. So hoping that the service is complete today. I just dropped in and took a 'simulated mount' photo (attached). I like the look and can't wait to see it on the truck. The simulated bead lockers are a bronze color - I'd've preferred silver.

I'm really hoping the fit/mount tomorrow works. If you drop into DT feel free to ask the guys for a look. The Hankooks look better than I expected. I've never run Hankooks in the past - but I've never been off road as much since owning the LR4 either.

Last thing for me is to find some LR decals for the hub.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72