Hey LR are you listening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Askewed: i'm not too far behind you, but i haven't gotten a new truck yet. STill keeping notes of all the crap that is happening to lead up to a new truck. Or until I blow it up, which ever comes first.

For all of you who got lucky and don't have any problems with your LR3, you will never understand what we're going through. I bring my truck in so much, all of the staff in the service dept. know me by now. They just wonder what else is wrong.

Oh by the way, my LR is in the shop again!

S

SChargedRRS

I just want to chime in here. I made a post in the RR section about **** poor customer service. LRNA does not have an exclusive on this. We received our SCRR and everything was perfect...however after getting it home we noticed the windshield had significant scratching in it. I thought it was some sort of film but when I went to wash it off it would not. When I called the dealer right away about it, they said "bring it in". I did then the ******* service advisor said, "I will have to call the Regional Manager, we did not do this". The RR had less than 100 miles on it and we had not even used the wipers yet. I am so thoroughly disgusted with snot nosed 25 year old service advisors attitudes. They throw on a mens wherehouse suit and think they are all of that When you spend $80 G's for a car and you have it less then 3 days you find a issue they should fix that without issue(Short of something blatenly done by the owner). The sad part in all of this, The only place these dealers make money is the service department and the quality of this service has fallen off dramatically. I have reservations about taking my RR in for the 'Free" service for the first 50K miles. I would rather do it myself. I gave up on GM and have not taken a car back to them for anything other than a recall notice and had too. Interesting, I have not had one problem with either the 1 ton DRW truck and our Denali.

FWIIW, The letter approach to any company is a futile event. It only is a paper trail for an attorney. All you get is the chain return letter saying we are sorry...This does nothing to rectify the problem(s) the owner is having. I do not understand why the dealer does not take ownership for the failing vehicle and state your case for you. They do not they fight with you.

Sorry for your POS LR's Askewed.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Funny aside...

They (LRNA) gave me some 'boutique bucks' for my trouble. I had to buy a replacement winch guard cover (a $45 piece of plastic under the front bumber that apparently isn't so strong) because it broke and I couldn't get them to believe I wasn't off road. "That wouldn't just break". When he said that I thought, "no of course it wouldn't", but I never said it.

anyway... no big deal because I have BB. The girl says, "$47.99"... I hand her the $100 BB... She says, "Oh we don't give change on these". LONG PAUSE as I stare at her. I'm not sure why she thought I was staring but I was listing every problem, every minute on the phone, hour at the dealership and on to myself. All the while my brain mumbled to me how much we liked our last car.

"Maybe you could get something from the...". So now I own a sweatshirt I didn't want that's a size to small because, "that's all we have".

S

SChargedRRS

Askewed,
Now that's funny. A sweatshirt you did not need...HAHAHAHAHA. Nice touch from LRNA. I really do feel your pain.

I find the auto industry a weird industry. Think about it for a minute. Let's say the auto industry followed the other consumer products purchased. So you bought the LR3, you get it home and POW!!!!, something happens. You drive it back to the dealer and say, "Hey this broke and I want a new one, Here is my receipt". They confirm the broken part and wheel you up a new LR3...HAHAHAHA...Imagine that. That is customer service.

Now back to the real world. You buy a vehicle, the minute you initial the last part of the contract that baby is YOURS even if the wheels fall off that thing driving it out of the parking lot. You see the wall warning notice "No cool off period" No returns, no exceptions, no NOTHING. But boy howdy, while you are in negotiation they are giving your children Soda's, letting them play video games, they send out for lunch, all the reps are smiling and patting you on the back. if you are there long enough someone will send out for Dinner or get you coffee...Like a Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde....you shake hands on the deal, they hand you the keys and you turn around one last time and they all turned into blood sucking vampires. What I am getting at here is I personally feel once you buy a new vehicle the rules are the same as buying a used vehicle. "Buyer Beware" the only difference is they promise you a warranty and you get nothing but grief. At least with a used vehicle you know better to go back to the seller, you just bend over and take it up the tail pipe....

You are doing the right thing. Reps look at these forums. Bad publicity is bad all around for a manufacturer and the WWW has a HUGE audience. My wife and I specifically stayed away from the LR3 after reading early reports on this and other forums about problems. We hope the RR is better. Crossing our fingers. Anyway this is the place to take a stand. It worked for us folks that bought the New GM Duramax Diesels back in 01 and 02. There were some bad injectors, we all posted our disgust on this huge Duramax forum and GM came back and sent us TSB's about the injectors and if yours failed they would replace all of them free of charge and then to build confidence, for those that did have trouble they extended the fuel management part of the truck out to 200K miles or 7 years. I guarantee you it was driven by that forum and the 10K posts about it. I highly recommend you find other LR forums and post away. Maybe tone it down a bit to make it more productive but that is just me....

Best of luck

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SChargedRRS said:
My wife and I specifically stayed away from the LR3 after reading early reports on this and other forums about problems. We hope the RR is better.
You're kidding, right? From your name, I assume you own a "Supercharged Range Rover Sport", which is based on the LR3 platform & built in the same factory by the same people. If you stayed away from LR3 because of "reading early reports", you really should have stayed away from RRS. One can not judge general reliability or unreliability from any uncontrolled internet forum.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I too was questioning the logic. You stayed away from a $50,000 because it was a POS and instead bought it's $80,000 twin brother? Not that I think either one is a POS...
Also, I can PROMISE you that LR will never ever take care of you like GM did. But that's only because if GM lost it's loyal pickup customers they'd probably go chptr 13

S

SChargedRRS

I Know I know...Logic seems shallow, However I have test drove both and there is a HUGE difference IMHO. The LR3 felt smaller and louder inside(Hope I am not ruffling any feathers here). For my wife it was a styling preference. For me....well I(from the engineer side and HP freak) play with EFI and ECM's and look forward to seeing what I can get the RR to boost upto with the supercharger. I got to admit I am impressed with the RR Brembo brakes and it handling mannerisms so far. Have to wait for that fantastic warranty to run out but at the end of the day I hope I got a car built on Wednesday and not Friday or Monday and hopefully not one after a holiday weekend....HAHA. I was holding out originally hoping that LRNA would get smart and turbo the deal but that does not look like a plan anytime soon. So the supercharger it is. I can already see there is room for a BIGGER one....

On a comment. I believe you either get a good car or a bad car. It is sadly the luck of the draw. We can argue assy lines have same components, same equipment but then why do we have vehicles that totally fail? I guarantee you(Engineering part of me speaking again) that car makers have a known expected fallout, could be as high as 5%. The cars that all fail with the same problems are recalled. The various or random issues are left to us consumers to fight it out with stealers and warranty "shisters".

on Edit: I do not think the LR3 is a POS. I am just sorry Askewed got one that is. I like the product so far. I have not seen the problems that have been mentioned about the LR3 surface on the RR. It is my first one. Jury is out on deliberation for now.....

S

schafari

The RRS is an LR3 from skin under. The chasis, platform, drivetrain, etc., all LR3. If the LR3 has problems in these areas, it will likely emerge in the RRS as well. (Suspension problems for example)

T

Tomasz

SChargedRRS said:
he LR3 felt smaller and louder inside(Hope I am not ruffling any feathers here).
Are you kidding me? We went to the dealership to but the RRS, and ended up with LR3. I think the styling on RRS rocks, and I tried to avoid an SUV for months. But after driving both, buying the RRS seemed silly. It is MUCH smaller, my head would touch the headliner with the seat all the way down, my left arm would keep hitting the door handle. And it only seats 5. So we bought the real thing.

Again, I love the styling, but it is too small for someone who actually wants an SUV to do SUV things with. Like go camping, or carry 5 people in comfort, etc.

T

texas911

Racin, if you can hold out, they are opening a new LR dealership at Momentum Jaguar. It will take the place of the Porsche spot in the showroom, they are building a new showroom for Porsche. Hopefully this type of competition will make service a lot better. I think that if the service was any better at LR Houston, then we'd be happier with our cars overall. Hang in there!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM