LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by one of the owners of my dealership that the drop in demand in China during the 2016 fiscal year caused JLR to shift a ton of cars to the US that originally were earmarked to be produced and sent there. This is why some of you have seen quite a lot of LR4s on dealer lots the past 6 months or so.

Surely, this reality is or has played into the company's exact plans on when and how to roll out the LR5 at least for the US...

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just not excited about the LR5. That is why I wanted to get the LR4 before they were changed. I know the technology, fuel economy, weight, etc will be great but it will just not be a "Discovery" anymore.

"Discovery" ? My 2004 D2 has more character than my 2007 lr3 but I am swayed more by function than the outer "form".

If they can put together the aluminum chassis, TDV6, same full 4x4 system and at least as much volume inside, then I'll consider the Disco 5. If it doesn't come with the nicer seats and other niceties like ventilated seats, I may just walk away from new Land Rovers forever.

I drove the new RR in LWB AB, and AB but while it's smooth and great seats, there are some goofy basics like no way to unlock the door from inside without battery power...

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lost its character. The LR4 is unique and people buy it not for its handling, fuel economy or svelte nimbleness.

Rushed to get an LR4 afraid that the next model would not do it for me. So far not impressed with all the different photos.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change is tough. It's hard to say goodbye to the Defender and now the Disco/LR3/LR4 form factors we've grown to love. More reason to heap some TLC on your current Landy and keep it running its route for some years to come!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I thought they wanted to go upmarket, not downmarket. That dash looks rental car cheap, dull and uninspired. The current LR4 looks way better. Hopefully nothing like the final version.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And granted these were spyshots and not a glitzy agency-directed photo shoot, but the ulcerated lesions on that guy's arm didn't do much to create a positive impression either. Maybe he's the one who boosted the car so the spy guys could get their snaps.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And granted these were spyshots and not a glitzy agency-directed photo shoot, but the ulcerated lesions on that guy's arm didn't do much to create a positive impression either. Maybe he's the one who boosted the car so the spy guys could get their snaps.

LOL! Seriously. My first thought was that this guy stole the car or maybe he's a dock worker. I certainly hope he didn't get those wounds trying to drive this thing!

As for the interior, I don't care for it at all. Even assuming that they would "update" the interior I expected, well, more. They want to keep up with the competition? It looks like their first major update in years is already years behind. That screen - too small. Flat buttons? Some may think the round air vents were out of date. I find these horizontal air vents to be, like 1970's, man. (My aunt had a Buick with vents like that.)

All the more reason for me to try to stay in an LR4 as long as possible. Having driven a 2016 Land Cruiser this week, I really don't want to go there until I have to. But, unless LR surprises us with the new Defender, an LR4 will be my last LR vehicle.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the profile of the new release so far, looking forward to seeing the final project. Hopefully it's a cross between today's RR and LR4.

I can't imagine that's the final dash, it's too outdated and with a tiny screen.

Be back later, I have to go take a flea dip after seeing that guy on my computer screen.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM