LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's weird, sometimes the new Discovery looks pretty big, other times it looks not much bigger than a Discovery Sport. I think because it has a similar shape to all the other models in Land Rover's line up, it's really hard to tell the size. I was at the dealership in MA on Saturday and in their storage lot I sometimes have a hard time telling each model apart.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not in love with this design, but I don't exactly hate it, either. It just reminds me of a smaller Range Rover, which looks a lot like a Ford Explorer. Commodity-based car design.

That said, I'm keeping my 12 LR4. Still damn stylish and functioning well.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a cruddy spy shot of another test mule interior. It's certainly looking to be upscale on the interior based on all the most recent photos and video. Those look like arm rests to me (for those who were wondering before).

2017-Land-Rover-Discovery-interior-spy-shot.jpg

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the full youtube video. Definitely a teaser for soccer moms.

Well, you can still fit 3 baby seats abreast in the 2nd row. So there's that.

The rest of it....yeah, it's for all the soccer mom's who also off road. You know, that large buying segment. o_O

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a cruddy spy shot of another test mule interior. It's certainly looking to be upscale on the interior based on all the most recent photos and video. Those look like arm rests to me (for those who were wondering before).

It looks just like the inside of a Range Rover Sport.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rest of it....yeah, it's for all the soccer mom's who also off road. You know, that large buying segment. o_O

We live in a small town with a drive-on beach. Local dealer told me there are over 100 LR4's in our town, so I guess it is the preferred choice for soccer moms that take the kids to the beach. But I know we are a tiny part of the buying segment.

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's too bad the lost the flat tailgate and went with what every other SUV out there has. Hard to judge size but it is nice to see some of the off road capabilities in the teaser videos.

SHS14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the side profile shape is similar to a new Dodge Durango...barf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not in love with this design, but I don't exactly hate it, either. It just reminds me of a smaller Range Rover, which looks a lot like a Ford Explorer. Commodity-based car design.

That said, I'm keeping my 12 LR4. Still damn stylish and functioning well.

Exactly what I was thinking. But I am so glad to see it still has room for a spare tire. I've been looking at the new Q7 but the one big flaw is no spare tire. I travel for business and get at least one flat per year. A can of fix-a-flat is not going to get me home to Boston after blowing out a sidewall on a huge rain-filled pothole in NYC.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to me land rover was different thats what attracted me to them. These new styles blend in with the norm and I just do not see me purchasing another Land rover unless I make it big one day and buy the top end range rover.

the RRS and LR5 are a disappointment to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72