New to LR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - great daily driver - get yourself a test drive and you'll soon see :)

anim8r

Reaction score
I would look for a used LR3. My wife and I just purchased an MY06, with 22,000 miles, for $21,800. In my opinion, I would never purchase a new LR.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go used the 09's dont have as good warrantee and come stock with 19" rims.
I Iive 3hrs from a dealer no big deal and it gets GOOD mpg compared to its competition.

Last edited:

brbanks1

Reaction score
So did the majority of the LR users on the forums by used? and if so what was the odometer reading at the time of purchase.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did the majority of the LR users on the forums by used? and if so what was the odometer reading at the time of purchase.

I bought mine in Oct '08. HSE CPO with 11k miles and every option for $31,000 in Newport Beach, CA. I couldn't imagine buying new. Mine was indistinguishable from a brand new one, other than my monthly payment is about half.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine new 'cause I'm stupid!

I know the economics of it, but the last two vehicles I've purchased have been brand new and I've had no regrets. I keep my rigs a really long time (average 8 years) and there's something about being able to control their service record the entire time that I like. I also like knowing that nobody christened that car before I could (in any way).

I don't know...it's just me. I pamper myself once every decade or so with a brand new ride. It's dumb but I do it anyway.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW - just a comment on LR and Jaguar being owned by Tata now. If I were LR/Jaguar, I would be feeling incredibly lucky right now. Tata is a huge conglomerate - with far more cash and stability than Ford has right now (and Ford is in the best shape of the Big3). At first, I'm sure they were disappointed to be sold, but I bet everyone that works for LR/Jaguar now is super glad that they did.

-Rich

txAlfa

Reaction score

I bought our '05 LR3 last December (surprise Christmas gift for my wife) with just under 25k miles on it.

trackstar

Reaction score
Buy a CPO. You'll get a full 75k warranty. Even though reliability of the new LR's is vastly improved, the rare breakdowns are expensive.

Great daily driver, by the way.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 6, all for 1/2 price with 20--30k miles on em. No truck depreciates faster than LR. Problem is, they still depreciate like mad after that. I paid 25k for my '05 last year and it's probably worth 15-18k today with 39000 miles. At least it can't lose 10,000 per year forever....but the repairs will cost 10,000 per year by then - sighs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM