Not Starting Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason its good idea. I think Melissa soaked her entire engine in Sea Foam by now, but hey - you never know.

I think i know which thing you talking about :) But to make sure - please please make picture :) Or just get existing one and point arrow to what you talking about.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Thanks Jason

Hey Jason thanks! My uncle was saying the same thing sorta. Yeah Sergei is right I have soaked the engine in Sea Foam!! I have a 4.0 though so I am thinking that it might be different from your Rover Jason?? Mine is a 1998 4.0 50D engine. Here is a picture where my uncle thinks the problem lies:

Attachments

• Cnv0152.jpg
    Cnv0152.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 201

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
The problem has not started today (yet...) And I have done the usual stop and go stuff..Ran into tan (rover sat for 30 minutes), ran to get nails done (rover sat for 45 minutes) ..ect ect With their being no rhyme or reason this will be very hard to track down. Sometimes it happens and other times the rover starts like a champ. Which leads me to the conclusion or the premise that this is indeed an electrical problem.

P

ParrotheadinALB

Melissa,

That's pretty much the same way that mine worked or didn't depending on how you want to look at it. The only consistant thing about mine not starting was it wouldn't start when I really needed it to. I would have a problem two-three days in a row, then nothing for a month or so, then it would happen again.

I too was thinking that Mr. Lucas had struck, and took it to the stealer. After 140.00 for diagnosing the problem, all I came out of there with was a lighter wallet and a total loss of respect for this particular dealer. No problems were found with the electrical system, the starting system, or the engine at all.

Your uncle was pretty close to where my problem was. I am clueless as to how to post pictures here, so with some uidance from someone (hint, hint, hint) I'll be glad to post what I have.

As far as the Sea Foam goes, I had drowned my engine in it as well... Ran 4 cans through it in a week. but it wasn't able to ********* where I needed it, as it was getting sucked into the engine too fast. So I used the dep creap (aerosal Sea Foam) and let it sit in the intake for a half hour or so... Started it... let it run for about 10 min, the shut down, re-sprayed, let it sit, then useds rags and Q-tips to clean all around this vavle front and back.

Any way, hope this helps, I know what its like to not get it started.

Jason

P

ParrotheadinALB

Melissa,

Until I figure out how to post pictures here, I sent you two by E-mail.

Jason

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Jason's Pictures 1995 D1 3.9

Thanks Jason!! That is almost verbatim what my Uncle (and his racing buddies) and I are thinking too. I uploaded your pictures for other(s) to see as well. I hope you do not mind! Melissa

Attachments

• Cnv0155.jpg
    Cnv0155.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 182

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Jason's Other Picture 1995 D1 Carbon Build Up Issue(s)

Carbon Foul Up Problems:

Attachments

• Cnv0157.jpg
    Cnv0157.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 181
P

ParrotheadinALB

Melissa ,

thank you for posting the pics here. Hopefully it helps.

Jason

P.S. How do you attach picutres?

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Jason how many miles again on your D1? I just got home from school and I am going to see if I can mess with the Beast. THANKS!! Thank you also Mike..for Andrew's number! I love his reply: " Is it Melissa? I see her posts on dweb from time to time, and it must be her." .. Oh I guess my popularity is growing!!! I am famous.. I feel like Paris Hilton. Ha Ha !!! :wink: JUST KIDDING !!! THANK YOU ..THANK YOU FOR everyone's help!!!!!
Melissa

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason on second picture, two holes at the bottom - clean them up, dude. And specially one that is on the left. And whole set of hooses that connected to it, and especially t-piece.

Think plastic tubing you reffering to is used by distributor. Not sure if Melissa's engine got that one.

However if its there - its worth to clean, indeedy. Without it basic idle is off.

Melissa - you can try to take TPS off and clean it up. You can also try to ask Will if he got one, b/c new one is like 110$ and it aint pretty for such a simple part. Carefull with gasket.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72